The Student Room Group

Why isn't Jacob Rees-Mogg in the Cabinet?

Scroll to see replies

Because the Conservative party isn’t very conservative and has absorbed New Labour. Justine Greening is education sec FFS and May is a self confessed Blairite.

Probably about a third of MPs would be better suited for a Macron Esque party and is one of the best reasons for changing to a PR electoral system.
Original post by toryscum
the demonstrable oppression of others that great wealth infers)

JK Rowling is one if the richest women in the world. Who has she oppressed?

should have absolutely nothing to do with Human rights.Who the **** are you to impose a self-determined set of requirements on the very lives of others? .

Who is primarily responsible for the welfare of the child?

That would be the parent (and long May that continue)

Rights come with responsibilities.

If I was an unemployed drug addict I wound have a responsibility not to impregnate anyone even if it is in my right to do so.

Whilst the idea that children should only be for the middle and upper classes is nonsense so too is the idea that real world concerns are of no importance when determining ‘rights’ ( which don’t exist anyway)
Original post by ByEeek
Some good points well made. To me he symbolises everything bad about the Tories. He is a pompous, intellectually outspoken product of the elitist Etonian / Oxbridge world and about as disconnected from the real world as it is possible to get. The very definition of power to the privileged.

That's the exact description of a typical Labour MP as well.

The reason is because 'play-it-safe', status-quo-lover, can't-answer-questions Theresa May is in Number 10.
because he's right wing, and awful on every level. Ewww.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending