Anyone heard from Imperial College yet? watch

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to know if anyone has heard from Imperial College yet

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notregistered)

Cheers
    My brother has (he's doing electronic engineering). He got a confirmation letter and the Freshers' Handbook (2003-04).

ReputationRep:

Cheers
    Yes, I have. I'm starting an MSci Maths with Computer Science course at Imperial this year.

I've received the Freshers' Handbook and a selection of questionnaires. I've also received information on topics we need to be familiar with before we arrive, a few suggestions for books to read and a mock diagnostic test, the real version of which will be taken within the first few weeks.

Hope this helps,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Yes, I have. I'm starting an MSci Maths with Computer Science course at Imperial this year.

I've received the Freshers' Handbook and a selection of questionnaires. I've also received information on topics we need to be familiar with before we arrive, a few suggestions for books to read and a mock diagnostic test, the real version of which will be taken within the first few weeks.

Hope this helps,
    I see - thanks for sharing that
    Term starts 8th october on the wednesday doesn't it? I'm slightly baffled since in the fresher's handbook, it says sunday?

ReputationRep:
    I got the freshers' pack about a week ago. Its says the 6th of October to start i think?
    I imagine we'll get more info when we know about accomodation-it'll probably tell us when to take our stuff down etc...?

I've just sent of a letter saying that I would like to swap from the 3year to 4 year course (Comp Sci) Do u think they'll let me?

John

(Original post by Max Plank)
    I got the freshers' pack about a week ago. Its says the 6th of October to start i think?
    I imagine we'll get more info when we know about accomodation-it'll probably tell us when to take our stuff down etc...?

I've just sent of a letter saying that I would like to swap from the 3year to 4 year course (Comp Sci) Do u think they'll let me?

John
    Yep. I'm trying to do the same thing. YOu can usually change up to the start of the second year, but they said that the change would not happen till I started; due to all the other work they have to cope with till then.

ReputationRep:

John
    I don't see why not - it's still the same course and you haven't even started the course. I heard somewhere you have up until the end of the first/beginning of the second year to change your mind

I don't see why not - it's still the same course and you haven't even started the course. I heard somewhere you have up until the end of the first/beginning of the second year to change your mind
    Really?

Re: post before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Really?

Re: post before.
    I think you may be right - Just had a look and you do need to have started the course, but the earlier you tell them the better

ReputationRep:
    I see - thanks for sharing that
    Term starts 8th october on the wednesday doesn't it? I'm slightly baffled since in the fresher's handbook, it says sunday?
    According to the Freshers' Handbook I received (I assumed they were all the same), term starts on Saturday 4th October. That's not to say that lectures start then, but this is when term officially starts.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers PPL!
    When do u reckon we will have do take our stuff down and start livin' in London?

John

PS: How do i stop being a "new member"?
    PPS: Did any of you lot do the Edexcel Physics Synoptic paper? Coz i got 90% and after thinking about the questions I know that I cant have got more that 75% on the paper! Is this the UMS bringing up my marks or very liberal marking?

1) by posting more
    2) nope

ReputationRep:
    Cheers PPL!
    When do u reckon we will have do take our stuff down and start livin' in London?
    Probably from on or around the 4th October, but we'll have to wait for the accomodation confirmations before we know for definite.

PPS: Did any of you lot do the Edexcel Physics Synoptic paper? Coz i got 90% and after thinking about the questions I know that I cant have got more that 75% on the paper! Is this the UMS bringing up my marks or very liberal marking?
    UMS.

(Original post by rahaydenuk)

I've received the Freshers' Handbook and a selection of questionnaires.
    Am I correct in assuming that this part

I've also received information on topics we need to be familiar with before we arrive, a few suggestions for books to read and a mock diagnostic test, the real version of which will be taken within the first few weeks.
    ...was all concerning the maths component of your course?

Thanks.

~Darkness~

ReputationRep:
    By any chance, is anybody going to Imperial to study physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)
    Am I correct in assuming that this part

...was all concerning the maths component of your course?

Thanks.

~Darkness~
    Yes, I should've been clearer.

I was told that we would get more computing info. at the beginning of term. I did receive a questionnaire on programming experience though.

Thanks,

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.