?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As the topic says, are anyone moving to Prague this fall? I am
behsheedx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hii, you must have already done your entrance exam for 1st faculty , that great , I have an offer from charles university 3rd faculty for medicine but im going to be doing the entrance exam for 1st faculty in may, pretty nervous tbh
Rit101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I have my entrance exam for 1st Fac in 3 days for Dentistry. But I already have offers from Charles Uni in Hradec Kralove and Masaryk Uni, so regardless I will be moving to Prague this September.
Ender.Dragon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have the exam in July for 1st faculty. Decided not to bother with 3rd as it seamed a bit small and well 3rd!

Masaryk and Palacky exam the week before 1st Faculty!!!
behsheedx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rit101)
Hey, I have my entrance exam for 1st Fac in 3 days for Dentistry. But I already have offers from Charles Uni in Hradec Kralove and Masaryk Uni, so regardless I will be moving to Prague this September.
which one is your second choice after 1st Faculty? because i have an offer from masaryk and one from 3rd faculty of charles, and in case i dont get into 1st Fac, im not sure which one to choose
Ender.Dragon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by behsheedx)
which one is your second choice after 1st Faculty? because i have an offer from masaryk and one from 3rd faculty of charles, and in case i dont get into 1st Fac, im not sure which one to choose
I looked at all the Czech options and First Faculty, Masaryk and Palacky were my initial list in that order. I have however switched to Masaryk as I know a graduate working in Liverpool. Third faculty seamed rather small so not much access to the more advanced faculties at the others and is more expensive than Masaryk and Palacky.

This was just my opinion.
Medcraze
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, Can we apply to both first and second faculty? Also is SAT scores accepted for first faculty?
Rit101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by behsheedx)
Sorry, I didnt see that you quoted me. I personally didnt get into 1st Fac, but I had offers for Dentistry form Charles in HK and Masaryk. I personally chose to pay the deposit and secure my place at Charles HK. One, because I already know a 2nd yr medic there and second, its a charles university.
Rit101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Medcraze)
Hi, Can we apply to both first and second faculty? Also is SAT scores accepted for first faculty?
Yeah you can apply to both. I suggest you contact an agency to verify if SATs count or not. I'm sure they do. The agency that I used was Medical Doorway.
behsheedx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Medcraze)
as Rit101 already mentioned u can always check with an agency, but i have read on the website of 1st faculty that u need either a college degree or APs from biology and chem to be able to apply if coming from a US education system,
Heres the link also : https://www.lf1.cuni.cz/en/master-st...plicants#Admit

but u can always apply to 2nd faculty which admit students based on SAT results
behsheedx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rit101)
Sorry, I didnt see that you quoted me. I personally didnt get into 1st Fac, but I had offers for Dentistry form Charles in HK and Masaryk. I personally chose to pay the deposit and secure my place at Charles HK. One, because I already know a 2nd yr medic there and second, its a charles university.
ahh its okay , awh im sry to hear that, was the entrance exam hard? i've heard that its pretty darn hard , i have mine for general med in 2 weeks and im so worried. the faculty in HK seems to be pretty modern, so all the best!!
delusional_9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello!!
Is anyone joining 2nd or 1st Faculty? I did get an admission in the 2nd faculty and have the entrance exam for 1st faculty after two weeks...... which faculty do you think is a better option ?
Chriserli
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
So nice to hear that so many are applying to the first, second or third faqulty medicine/dentistry. I hope you´all get in, so we can start to plan where to live, how to study and meet up for a beer or two in september. I wish you all the best

Regarding the last reply, i´ve heard that the first faqulty is the absolute best one! But in the end, we all become doctors The first face transplant was performed by a doctor graduated from Hradec, so i guess it´s up to each other!
Rit101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chriserli)
So nice to hear that so many are applying to the first, second or third faqulty medicine/dentistry. I hope you´all get in, so we can start to plan where to live, how to study and meet up for a beer or two in september. I wish you all the best

Regarding the last reply, i´ve heard that the first faqulty is the absolute best one! But in the end, we all become doctors The first face transplant was performed by a doctor graduated from Hradec, so i guess it´s up to each other!
Yeah I cant wait! Im going to finish my A levels this month and then by September, I'll be moving to Hradec Kralove to start Dentistry at Charles HK!
delusional_9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So have anyone of you found an apartment/dorm in Prague?
Chriserli
Rep:
?
(Original post by delusional_9)
So have anyone of you found an apartment/dorm in Prague?
Nope, haven`t started looking yet. Which district are you planing to live in?
delusional_9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chriserli)
Nope, haven`t started looking yet. Which district are you planing to live in?
I haven't started either..... though I've checked some places in Nove Mesto and Andel, but studio and 1+kk apartments are way more costlier than 2 bhk's
Chriserli
Rep:
?
I haven't started either..... though I've checked some places in Nove Mesto and Andel, but studio and 1+kk apartments are way more costlier than 2 bhk's
Same here, but thinking of splitting an apartment with someone. I think there is a facebook page that puts out nice apartments for 1:year students for a decent price.. Dont know what to search for tho, but try google
delusional_9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello again,

Did anyone pass the entrance for the 1st Faculty? What topics do they focus upon, and how different is it from that of the 2nd faculty, because apparently each question has multiple answers which makes the exam more hard and I really want to get in 1st fac. :/
Chriserli
Rep:
?
Hello again,

Did anyone pass the entrance for the 1st Faculty? What topics do they focus upon, and how different is it from that of the 2nd faculty, because apparently each question has multiple answers which makes the exam more hard and I really want to get in 1st fac. :/
Hi there,
Yes i passed the entrance exam for the 1st Faculty. The test is based on chemistry, biology, and then math or physics (your choice).
*In Chemistry they focus mostly on organic chemistry, almost no calculations at all.
*In Physics (which i chose) they focus on formulas, almost no calculations.
*In Biology- focus on genetics, DNA replications and mono/dihybrid cross.

A good tip is to look at the Charles webpage to do the sample questions. Also look up Khan Academy in chemistry, physics and biology. They cover almost everything you need to know to pass the entrance exam for Charles university 1st Faculty!

Regarding the second Faculty i don´t know how much it differs. I skipped that entrance exam since i got into the 1st.

Best of luck,
Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (99)
49.5%
No (101)
50.5%

Watched Threads