tpabaccd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've received conditional offers for both but I can't decide which one to choose as a firm choice. Here are the different aspects that I should consider :

DEGREE : at Warwick I would do economics + global sustainable development which seems more interesting than just economics at UCL, however the economics degree at UCL is a BS whereas at Warwick it's a BA. Is that a big difference ?

LOCATION : since I'm not from the UK I would think that a campus would be better than just housing, but maybe housing is fun too ? Plus, London seems more convenient and I hear is very fun. I would also be able to do a second year abroad at Warwick for sure.

REPUTATION and QUALITY : UCL is way more prestigious overall but Warwick seems to be a little bit better for economics. Which is more important? Will employers prefer UCL to Warwick because it's more well known ?

So that's about it. Thanks for helping me out.
dimapos32
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would recommend you choosing the university with the course you like the most.

Important detail: The course in Warwick is not BA, but BASc (Degree of Bachelor of Arts and Sciences).
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tpabaccd)
I've received conditional offers for both but I can't decide which one to choose as a firm choice. Here are the different aspects that I should consider :

DEGREE : at Warwick I would do economics + global sustainable development which seems more interesting than just economics at UCL, however the economics degree at UCL is a BS whereas at Warwick it's a BA. Is that a big difference ?

LOCATION : since I'm not from the UK I would think that a campus would be better than just housing, but maybe housing is fun too ? Plus, London seems more convenient and I hear is very fun. I would also be able to do a second year abroad at Warwick for sure.

REPUTATION and QUALITY : UCL is way more prestigious overall but Warwick seems to be a little bit better for economics. Which is more important? Will employers prefer UCL to Warwick because it's more well known ?

So that's about it. Thanks for helping me out.
I don't know if it would make a practical difference, but it seems from a glance that a pure economics degree is better than a joint honours degree.
NigelFarridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you want

i) London city life
ii) Campus life

visit both and decide which you think is best.

ignore any minor differences in academia, unless the course has specifics you like

also be wary that London will be significantly more expensive
tpabaccd
Rep:
?
(Original post by dimapos32)
I would recommend you choosing the university with the course you like the most.

Important detail: The course in Warwick is not BA, but BASc (Degree of Bachelor of Arts and Sciences).
My bad, I just verified and you are totally wright. Does that mean it's at least as good as BS in pure economics ?
tpabaccd
Rep:
?
(Original post by NigelFarridge)
do you want

i) London city life
ii) Campus life

visit both and decide which you think is best.

ignore any minor differences in academia, unless the course has specifics you like

also be wary that London will be significantly more expensive
Well I'm worried about the non-campus aspect of UCL since I don't know anyone in the city I don't want to end up by myself in a building 30 minutes away from the school
NigelFarridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tpabaccd)
Well I'm worried about the non-campus aspect of UCL since I don't know anyone in the city I don't want to end up by myself in a building 30 minutes away from the school
if you choose warwick, you'll be maximum 15-20 minute walk from the economics department, and there are about 4-5 accommodations which are extremely close, you'll have to live in leamington or coventry in the next year, but there is a good bus network

I'm at warwick right now and I originally come from london, and I like warwick a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads