The Student Room Group

042r Higher Officer Caseworker HMRC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Andymcghee
I've rang and emailed and also personally know a grade 6 managee at hmrc in compliance and he has told me they would never tell people their place on the merit list nor will they advise on scores. I find it difficult to see how you have this information. Patience is needed no matter how difficult and frustrating it is.

This is one of the areas where communications have been particularly inconsistent. I don't doubt what you have been told Andy, but it seems that some people have been told their place on the merit list.

As for the scores, the standard line is that candidates will not be given scores or any sort of feedback. However, we all have the right to make a subject access request which should get you your scores. I believe Carol has done so and, following her example, so have I.
Original post by Andymcghee
I've rang and emailed and also personally know a grade 6 managee at hmrc in compliance and he has told me they would never tell people their place on the merit list nor will they advise on scores. I find it difficult to see how you have this information. Patience is needed no matter how difficult and frustrating it is.

I got my scores from submitting a Subject Access Request and received my written competency scores, test scores and interview scores and copies of my interview notes. I got my merit list position by calling the 0300 number that everyone was calling. On my 3rd attempt I was given an email address to write to. A week later when I had no response I called again and they put me through to a different team who called me back with my place on list. She also told me no one else will drop into that list so I can only move up. It just depends who you speak to I'm afraid.
Original post by PyePye
This is one of the areas where communications have been particularly inconsistent. I don't doubt what you have been told Andy, but it seems that some people have been told their place on the merit list.

As for the scores, the standard line is that candidates will not be given scores or any sort of feedback. However, we all have the right to make a subject access request which should get you your scores. I believe Carol has done so and, following her example, so have I.

Have you received anything back yet?
Reply 463
I had my merit scores given to me also. @carol29 is rigjy it does really depend on who you speak to and who you get transferred to.
Reply 464
Original post by Carol29
Have you received anything back yet?

Still waiting I'm afraid, "it may take up to 28 days to produce this information". Ho hum. They have until 6 June.
Original post by PyePye
Still waiting I'm afraid, "it may take up to 28 days to produce this information". Ho hum. They have until 6 June.

Just another thing to wait for I suppose. At least you have a deadline date 🙂
I will be based in union house - it's good to know holidays are honoured
Original post by RetroRae
I will be based in union house - it's good to know holidays are honoured

Never actually heard of union house. As far as I know there are only 3 Birmingham offices. Norfolk house, broadway and city centre house. City Centre house is on Union Street in Birmingham so maybe that's it. I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email the week before you start saying you have to go to broadway at five ways instead. We were told that's where all the base camps will be from from now on. Unless you're being taken in to an already existing team. Did they say what department you'd be working?
Original post by TonksNotDora
Never actually heard of union house. As far as I know there are only 3 Birmingham offices. Norfolk house, broadway and city centre house. City Centre house is on Union Street in Birmingham so maybe that's it. I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email the week before you start saying you have to go to broadway at five ways instead. We were told that's where all the base camps will be from from now on. Unless you're being taken in to an already existing team. Did they say what department you'd be working?

No - but on the email it says compliance
Sigh, nearly nine months since my interview
Reply 470
Original post by DaySheehan

Double sign - me too 😩

Really?! I applied for the role on 30th September. I did not have my interview till 4th November. For me it has been nearly 7 months since interview.

Hope I don't have to wait another 2 months but you never know with this long, drawn out process 😕
Somebody mentioned September as the next intake date for Liverpool which I think might be right
Somebody mentioned September as the next intake date for Liverpool which I think might be right

I'm hopeful for September. The training is apparently 12 weeks and the first Liverpool intake was at the end of March followed by the second in mid June, I think
Original post by Bobbyz72
I'm hopeful for September. The training is apparently 12 weeks and the first Liverpool intake was at the end of March followed by the second in mid June, I think

The intake starting on 19th June is 16 weeks training.
Reply 475
Original post by dagoro1

Officially, training is still a year. You're still in training till your QAF is signed off.
Original post by dagoro1

Training is technically a year when you're signed off. It's a 12 week basecamp course, at 16 weeks you should start your first bits of casework. You work through your e learning modules through these weeks. Then it's building evidence to fill out a sort of training record to show you're competent at various things. You have to have a certain number of pieces of evidence for one performance criteria before it's signed off. Once you have enough evidence for each piece of performance criteria, you are signed off and your probabtiin period ends after a year. If you don't get enough evidence after the year you won't be signed off and will stay on probation.
Reply 477
A lucky few in cardiff are already working on a project in the 1st month
How long after interview did it take for you all to hear anything? Been nearly two weeks since my interview, i'm not really expecting to hear anything for 4-6 weeks but that doesn't stop my guts dropping every time I get a bloody Civil Service job alert to my application email.
Where did you have your interview ? I had mine in Croydon last week Monday and I'm anxious as well to get an answer...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending