042r Higher Officer Caseworker HMRC Watch

TonksNotDora
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RetroRae)
Is that a formal offer?
Yeh formal offer, put it in the other thread. Got it start of the month. My start date is 2nd May at City House on union street. Had my interview there.
RetroRae
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congratulations, how long after your PEC did it take?
TonksNotDora
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congratulations, how long after your PEC did it take?
Well I submitted all my PEC stuff in January, got my DBS certificate in February and got the email saying all my PECs were complete in early March. So about a month after I got the PEC complete email I got my formal.
RetroRae
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok thank you for letting me know. I received my PEC email end of March so hopefully by the end of the month I should have my formal offer - fingers crossed anyway. I will not be as intense about checking my emails for at least of couple of weeks lol ;-)
TonksNotDora
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok thank you for letting me know. I received my PEC email end of March so hopefully by the end of the month I should have my formal offer - fingers crossed anyway. I will not be as intense about checking my emails for at least of couple of weeks lol ;-)
Haha yes give it until after easter. I was checking mine every 10min or so. Got really annoyed seeing "Groupon" or "Wowcher" emails 😂 Good luck to you!! I know someone else got a formal a month or 2 ago but not located in city centre, they're at five ways.
Desimom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by N-Dulge)
Hey all. Still waiting for Nottingham. Hopefully we'll have some good news soon it's been a couple of weeks since the last email stating they'd hope to update us in a couple of weeks! Lol 😊
Hi, like wise waiting for Nottingham. Did you get through stage 3 or 4? I applied internally and received my provisional offer January and still waiting...let's hope we hear but last email only stated updates... not really hopeful on receiving start dates.😂
TonksNotDora
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can anyone who already works for hmrc tell me the situation with pension? Do you automatically get signed up for it and what percentage of your salary is paid to pension, or do you get to choose?
Am just trying to work out my net pay for future finances.
Thanks in advance!
Husk24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You get enrolled automatically and its 4.95% , about £110 a month in deductions. You can opt out if you prefer not to.
ERush
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.civilservicepensionscheme...ibution-rates/

This says 5.45%?
aks45
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes it's 5.45% and you automatically get enrolled into the Alpha scheme.
aks45
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TonksNotDora)
Can anyone who already works for hmrc tell me the situation with pension? Do you automatically get signed up for it and what percentage of your salary is paid to pension, or do you get to choose?
Am just trying to work out my net pay for future finances.
Thanks in advance!
It's 5.45% and you automatically get enrolled into the Alpha scheme.
TonksNotDora
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aks45)
It's 5.45% and you automatically get enrolled into the Alpha scheme.
Brill thanks everyone, want to be prepared as I'm saving for a house 🏡
Husk24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry yes it is 5.45%
DaySheehan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
would love today to be the day!
ERush
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DaySheehan)
would love today to be the day!
Indeed, a 22nd of May start date would be sweet!
Husk24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Very unlikely this week, its Easter holidays!
Riz101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm so tired of refreshing my emails lol. Hope we hear something soon though don't think my nerves can take this anymore DaySheehan 🤢
Hoping to leave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Riz101)
I'm so tired of refreshing my emails lol. Hope we hear something soon though don't think my nerves can take this anymore DaySheehan 🤢
I know!! If only they sent an update email even if saying something along the lines " we are working on certain issues and you are not likely to get a response within the next XX weeks" that way I'm not having this mess with my head and checking through my emails like there's no tomorrow 😬
LinleyG
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't imagine there will be much movement now with such uncertainty in the future of the Government and it probably will be after the Election before things move again.
DaySheehan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I dont think the election will have much of an impact, I received an invite to interview for another role in hmrc about 20 mins ago....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads