The Student Room Group

042r Higher Officer Caseworker HMRC

Scroll to see replies

I've not heard a thing since I dropped my documents off last month for my PECS to be completed again. I thought things would move quite quickly once the formal offer came through even though my PECS had expired, I didn't think I would have been waiting quite as long, but I suppose after waiting 2 years I can wait a little bit longer.

Has anyone else been offered a position, but after their previous PECS have expired? How long did it take for your PECS to go through the second time? Did you get an email to log on an complete a DBS again or were they able to do this automatically? I've not had anything come through this time.

I am external so I can't log on to Civil Service Jobs for updates, and the old link to Manpower that used to work is no longer active.

I might give it another week or so and send them an email see if they can give me an update.
Original post by RumpledForeskin
I've not heard a thing since I dropped my documents off last month for my PECS to be completed again. I thought things would move quite quickly once the formal offer came through even though my PECS had expired, I didn't think I would have been waiting quite as long, but I suppose after waiting 2 years I can wait a little bit longer.

Has anyone else been offered a position, but after their previous PECS have expired? How long did it take for your PECS to go through the second time? Did you get an email to log on an complete a DBS again or were they able to do this automatically? I've not had anything come through this time.

I am external so I can't log on to Civil Service Jobs for updates, and the old link to Manpower that used to work is no longer active.

I might give it another week or so and send them an email see if they can give me an update.

I had checks done again and it took around 10 weeks for them to be completed then another 2 weeks to formal offer. I did have to chase for dbs though so suggest you email them to let them know you haven’t received any link to complete dbs. Good luck!!
Original post by Carol29
I had checks done again and it took around 10 weeks for them to be completed then another 2 weeks to formal offer. I did have to chase for dbs though so suggest you email them to let them know you haven’t received any link to complete dbs. Good luck!!

About an hour after I posted I got an email saying they were missing forms, it was just the pension form and health questionnaire that needed to be completed again. Few minutes following that an email came through from Capita for me to log on and start the DBS check. Filled them all out and submitted so hopefully I hear something back soon. I hope it isn't 10 more weeks but nothing I can really do if it is. Been a long old slog this.
About an hour after I posted I got an email saying they were missing forms, it was just the pension form and health questionnaire that needed to be completed again.

The number of people I know who have received email from GRS saying you haven't yet send them the pension form and health questionnaire when it had been sent.... :banghead:
I finally have a start date!!! After almost 2 and a half years since application I am in and start the end of April! Notice has been handed in, still keep thinking that they are having me on and I am going to get an email to shove me back on a reserve list :smile:
Yay I’m so happy for you. Better late than never!! Big congratulations 😊. You will love it.
I finally have a start date!!! After almost 2 and a half years since application I am in and start the end of April! Notice has been handed in, still keep thinking that they are having me on and I am going to get an email to shove me back on a reserve list :smile:
Hello there.Could anyone remember if the full time working hours for this for this position are 42 and not 37.5?I can't find the original post of the job advertised on the civil servant website anymore 🙄
Reply 1027
Original post by giogio3
Hello there.Could anyone remember if the full time working hours for this for this position are 42 and not 37.5?I can't find the original post of the job advertised on the civil servant website anymore 🙄

Most civil service jobs are 37 hours p/w, but this does not jnclude tour lunch break. When I worked for HMRC an hour lunch was mandatory - bringing it up to 42 p/w. However, if you work full flexi hours no one cares if your lunch is 30, 45, 60 or 75 minutes.
They told me I have to work 42 hours per week not including my Lunch hour.
That would bring the total number of hours spent there to 47!!!
Reply 1029
Original post by giogio3
They told me I have to work 42 hours per week not including my Lunch hour.
That would bring the total number of hours spent there to 47!!!

That doesn't sound right st all. Definitely speak to HR or whatever other contact you have

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending