The Student Room Group

Should I completely miss some subjects

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and because of personal reasons i can't revise as much should I only revise important subjects like maths, English and History (I'm choosing it at A level) or should i spread my time out evenly with other subjects as well.
Reply 1
Spend most time on your 'important' subjects and then revise a few days before (or even the night before) for your least favourite subjects (if you have to). You will be fine, you don't really need to revise, just do past papers and learn the mark schemes. Everything will be okay... but I would start revising now.
Try your hardest to revise for absolutely everything. You still have time and will be able to effectively pull it off if you put your mind to it.
Hi,

I will offer you the advice that I was given at GCSE. Study the most important exams (i.e. the ones that you will be taking at A-Level, or wish to pursue further) the most. Spend your designated amount of time on these subjects - trying to achieve the highest grade possible. However, try and leave maybe an hour or two a day to go over the lesser subjects. Whilst your focus will be mainly on your main subjects - you will still need to try and retain a grade at GCSE, because some colleges don't particularly like lower grades (like E + F's) even if you are not studying those subjects.
Why not try and make a revision timetable? Keep your focus on your important subjects - for example, your maths, English and history. But, slotting in the 'less important' subjects when you have time will make sure that you retain any grades that you currently have.
My best advise, as a student, is to do what you think is best for you. Have a talk to your chosen college, and see their minimum entry requirements, and base grades. Keep your head up, and I'm sure you'll do great!

Good luck in your exams, I hope that you do fab!
I hope that this has helped x
Reply 4
Original post by Charl_Lou
Hi,

I will offer you the advice that I was given at GCSE. Study the most important exams (i.e. the ones that you will be taking at A-Level, or wish to pursue further) the most. Spend your designated amount of time on these subjects - trying to achieve the highest grade possible. However, try and leave maybe an hour or two a day to go over the lesser subjects. Whilst your focus will be mainly on your main subjects - you will still need to try and retain a grade at GCSE, because some colleges don't particularly like lower grades (like E + F's) even if you are not studying those subjects.
Why not try and make a revision timetable? Keep your focus on your important subjects - for example, your maths, English and history. But, slotting in the 'less important' subjects when you have time will make sure that you retain any grades that you currently have.
My best advise, as a student, is to do what you think is best for you. Have a talk to your chosen college, and see their minimum entry requirements, and base grades. Keep your head up, and I'm sure you'll do great!

Good luck in your exams, I hope that you do fab!
I hope that this has helped x

I came back to tsr after a long time and came back to this thread. Btw I got 2 A*s 3 A's and 5 B's. Shockingly both A*s were in English (9 in literature, 8 in language) but now I'm struggling at A level hopefully I can drag through this as well :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest