The Student Room Group

A Year 9's Blog to Success!

Scroll to see replies

Update 16/04/2017

Hope your Easter has been a good one! This morning I went to my grandparents house carrying half a dozen chocolate eggs and my mum was half hidden by a bouquet of daisies, we looked ridiculous but it was fun! Today I have done:

2 Sets of B3 Flashcards

A poster of French Present Tense

Began reading Three Dark Crowns (amazing)

Did English Story Plan

Marked my brothers year 6 SATS revision for him (he's worrying too much)

Not much of a productive day but ah well, hopefully tomorrow will be more productive (planning to type up maths tests for most of day, do some flashcards and do my God-forsaken french HW).
THIS thread is so adorable :')
i really like the fact that you are in year 9 and already preparing to succeed

i wish you all the best with whatever it is :smile:
Original post by Blackstarr
i really like the fact that you are in year 9 and already preparing to succeed

i wish you all the best with whatever it is :smile:

Thank-you, I also wish you the best of luck whichever it is!
Original post by emerald7770
THIS thread is so adorable :':wink:

cool, and ur post was useless, does it matter?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by streetdude28
cool, and ur post was useless, does it matter?

Stfu , I said something nice. I can say whatever I want.
I'm in year 9 and I'm too lazy to do this. I honestly feel like I have 4 hours in my day there's not enough time
Brilliant blog. I haven't read it all but keep doing what you're doing :smile:
I'm in Year 9 as well.This is really helpful.I picked the same thing as you apart from geography I'm doing Bussiness studies.
Do you know what exam boards you are doing the majority of the GCSEs from?
Original post by emerald7770
Stfu , I said something nice. I can say whatever I want.

I know you can say whatever you want, it's a human right but thank-you for clarifying that for me.
Original post by babymelissaa
I'm in year 9 and I'm too lazy to do this. I honestly feel like I have 4 hours in my day there's not enough time

Haha, I used to be like this but now I just actually enjoy doing it! :smile:
Original post by everested
Brilliant blog. I haven't read it all but keep doing what you're doing :smile:

Thank-you for the encouragement, it's nice to receive!
Original post by PotatoQueen.
I'm in Year 9 as well.This is really helpful.I picked the same thing as you apart from geography I'm doing Bussiness studies.
Do you know what exam boards you are doing the majority of the GCSEs from?

I think the majority of GCSE exam boards we're doing is AQA, I can give you them specifically:

Maths - Edexcel

Geography - Edexcel

English Lit + Lang - OCR

History - OCR

Science - AQA

Business + Economics - AQA

French - AQA

And thanks for calling my (rather crappy) blog helpful!
Update 19/04/2017

hey guys, I haven't uploaded in ages haven't I? Here's what I've been up to:

17/04/2017

French Poster for Present Tense

4 Sets of B3 Flashcards

typed up a bit of my tests

Helped my Brother with SATS

18/04/2017

Took pictures of all my tests - don't think I'm going to finish in time and I'll have to bring them back next monday

4 Sets of P1 Flashcards

French Poster for Future Tense

French Homework - Begun

Did some gardening (forced)

Original post by streetdude28

Did some gardening (forced)

:biggrin:
Update 23/04/2017

Hey peeps! How's your day going - mine is going okayish. I won't separately write what I've been doing the past 4 days because it's been relatively the same and I've been having a 'break'. So I've done 4 sets of science flashcards a day, a french tense poster a day, trudged through my godforsaken french homework everyday. I've also finished reading Three Dark Crowns and I now am reading the final book for the Red Queen trilogy, King's cage (Maven and Mare feels).

Here's what I have to do next week:

Find A3 paper and do whole topic Science mind-maps

French Flashcards

Finish Updating Science Flashcards

Update 24/04/2017

Today was absolutely draining and all I have been doing is yawning, the yawning was drainging and 1st period we had to do the 1500m run and I'm so sick of athletics already however I was proud of myself. Last year I came 4-5th and this year I was 1st and os I got some bit of 'cred' from the really sporty girls in my year which was ego-boosting.

Today I had:

P.E

Science

Maths

R.E

Drama

In science we got our tests back, I got level 8 but I totally bombed the 6 marker questions, one because it was on a practical we did over a term ago and had no idea it would be in the test (though that sounds like an excuse on my part) and the other was on why metals are malleable which was also a 6 marker and needed so much detail we hadn't come across in class or in the cgp revision guide. Maths was so boring and I was getting so sick of the bimbo behind me (she'd been smoking illegal substances apparently - her words) and she kept making the most obnoxious sounds and I'm so easily annoyed. R.E was...ugh. Warning, I hate religion, I'm not going to go into detail but I find it so tedious sitting in that class and such a waste of my time and now he wants us to waste more time revising for a test. Drama was just a mess. We're doing fight choreography, or was, that was our presentation of the work we literally had 20 minutes to prepare for, well anyway, my performance went sidelong, I mean it wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Man, the performances were hilarious. Some refused to do it, some started but ended up walking off because they broke down in laughter. Once performance, someone ended up getting knocked out, another, a girl 'kicked' her partner who was sprawled on the floor. Her reaction happened a legit minute later and she rolled over onto her belly, it was hilarious. This other group, they had a folded up piece of paper and they threw it at the boy they were 'bullying' i was the only one who laughed, it just looked really comical because he was supposed to be on the opposite side of the room but in reality he was just 10cm away and it hit his eye and fell. It just looked weird.

Oops, sorry I wrote loads.
Writing loads is better. Keep it up :smile:
Damn, girl. I hope to see you at Cambridge.
Good luck!! Keep on going!

Quick Reply

Latest