The Student Room Group

Aqa Science Kerboodle revision book

How good are these revision guides for learning the content, not revising, in a short amount of time? Is concise but deatilled enough for the exam? And also how would I revise with it

Here is the book if your wondering what it looks like
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Chemistry-Science-Students-Book/dp/140850829X
BUMP
ohh these are good, we use them in school if i aint wrong
Original post by unillama
ohh these are good, we use them in school if i aint wrong

what would you say its so good about them? also how does it compare to the cgp books
I have physical copies and I think theyre good. Only annoying thing is theres no answers page at the back
They are extremely good. It covers the entire specification and doesn't take that long to cover. It's very in depth, hence why I primarily use it for my own revision. I would recommend using it, along with other basic resources, e.g. the specification and mark schemes.
Original post by elamt2001
They are extremely good. It covers the entire specification and doesn't take that long to cover. It's very in depth, hence why I primarily use it for my own revision. I would recommend using it, along with other basic resources, e.g. the specification and mark schemes.

How do you revise with it? because most times I will end up just copying the book out
Original post by Faloodeh
I have physical copies and I think theyre good. Only annoying thing is theres no answers page at the back

How does it compare to the cgp/ other revision guides/resources
Original post by CraigBackner
How does it compare to the cgp/ other revision guides/resources

i think if you can use both. I have both (I do triple) but I dont like the cgp workbooks.
How do you revise with it? because most times I will end up just copying the book out

With factual subjects, e.g. science and history, I revise using mindmaps. I would read the content in the textbook and write it out in my own words. Almost as though I'm explaining it to someone else. When writing your notes, write it out in FULL. Honestly, I have tried many methods prior to this 'traditional' method :tongue:, including writing out your notes summarised on a flashcard. This made me write very vague answers in the exam and it limited my knowledge a lot- I just knew the general stuff and not the detail. That's my personal experience, so I recommend revising in detail.

Good luck!!
i personally use the cgp books and freesciencelessons.com
this book that u asked about is more of a depth of cgp
if you get me!
what would you say its so good about them? also how does it compare to the cgp books

Quick Reply

Latest