The Student Room Group

So so sooooo much content for A-level Biology!!

So I'm doing the new Edexcel spec for A-level Biology (Salters Nuffield) and have my A2 exams this summer but I feel like I'm struggling with the amount of content there is! These new linear A-levels are just ridiculous, we have to remember all of the content from AS as well as all of the content for A2! I'm actually dying! :frown:

I've been trying to work through past papers but I just seem to go blank and can't remember things off of the top of my head!

Any advice would be really appreciated! :smile:
I don't exactly do Edexcel, but have you checked out the textbook your specification may have? There are often course-specific questions that make you 'think on your feet' for lack of a better phrase, and are generally quite relevant to the course itself.

A method I'd recommend (works wonders) is to read each topic before you do a set of questions, twice if you need too, think it over in your head and attempt to bring back all you can, do some questions on said topic, then mark and redo the bad ones. Then just roll on forward :smile:
Original post by Callicious
I don't exactly do Edexcel, but have you checked out the textbook your specification may have? There are often course-specific questions that make you 'think on your feet' for lack of a better phrase, and are generally quite relevant to the course itself.

A method I'd recommend (works wonders) is to read each topic before you do a set of questions, twice if you need too, think it over in your head and attempt to bring back all you can, do some questions on said topic, then mark and redo the bad ones. Then just roll on forward :smile:

Thank you! Think I might give this a go tomorrow! 😊
@Callicious Do you think it's best to mainly focus on the content for A2 than AS with these new linear A-levels?
Original post by Philip-flop
@Callicious Do you think it's best to mainly focus on the content for A2 than AS with these new linear A-levels?

All the content is important: cliche as it is, focus on what you find hard. Just don't neglect the 'easy' stuff that might come kick you back in the arse. You never know if an essay will be there on your AS stuff.

I don't know what specification you folks use, that's for sure, but I can guarantee that AS stuff will be on there. Plus AS stuff builds up for the A2 stuff (again, depends on specification: in ours it doesn't exactly) in general and hence it's good to know.
Reply 5
Is it actually that hard, everyone keeps saying it is. it's putting me off doing it for a levels with chemistry
All the content is important: cliche as it is, focus on what you find hard. Just don't neglect the 'easy' stuff that might come kick you back in the arse. You never know if an essay will be there on your AS stuff.

I don't know what specification you folks use, that's for sure, but I can guarantee that AS stuff will be on there. Plus AS stuff builds up for the A2 stuff (again, depends on specification: in ours it doesn't exactly) in general and hence it's good to know.

I was afraid you'd say that. I'm just finding it so difficult to remember everything. It seems like if I concentrate on learning/remembering one thing then I start to forget other things. Swear my brain has a maximum capacity :tongue:

Original post by sarahyi
Is it actually that hard, everyone keeps saying it is. it's putting me off doing it for a levels with chemistry

Don't let others put you off of studying Biology at A-level. You might find you cope better than most people!
Original post by sarahyi

How hard something is (phrasing, boom) shouldn't put you off anything, like Philip said; it's interesting, and if you find it interesting too, more-so than other subjects, then do it! Just do it! XD
I was afraid you'd say that. I'm just finding it so difficult to remember everything. It seems like if I concentrate on learning/remembering one thing then I start to forget other things. Swear my brain has a maximum capacity :tongue:

Don't let others put you off of studying Biology at A-level. You might find you cope better than most people!

You madman, how the heck did you multiple quote?! Is there an option? A hidden switch? Reveal your secret!
You madman, how the heck did you multiple quote?! Is there an option? A hidden switch? Reveal your secret!

Haha are you serious? It's just the same as you would normally quote with the +" button :tongue:
Original post by philip-flop
haha are you serious? It's just the same as you would normally quote with the +" button :tongue:

Original post by callicious
you madman, how the heck did you multiple quote?! Is there an option? A hidden switch? Reveal your secret!

mother of jesus lord beelzebub
Just wait till uni! I'm a visual learner so colourful spider diagrams helps and writing questions.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Just wait till uni! I'm a visual learner so colourful spider diagrams helps and writing questions.

What are you studying at uni?
What are you studying at uni?

Biomedical science :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending