Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I say it....sometimes :-\ once, I said it like..twice in a sentence! Argh. That's definitely up there with "at the end of the day".

You can also perform a combo move, and say "to be fair, at the end of the day"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafiees)
    its got to be 'innit' and 'blapse'......especially when used together.....as in 'innit, blapse'. also 'naah, man, naah'

and 'bobsled'
    what does blapse mean??? :confused:

Oh I know, "like" - why does everybody need to use this as a verbal equivelant of a commar?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chimp_spanner)
    I say it....sometimes :-\ once, I said it like..twice in a sentence! Argh. That's definitely up there with "at the end of the day".

You can also perform a combo move, and say "to be fair, at the end of the day"
    NO!

ReputationRep:
    Like.... another verbal tick. I really try not to say it, I just go silent instead. I think people expect silences to be filled with "like" or "you know" or "you know, like" now.

edit: Or when people say "ya know?" and I feel like screaming "No of course I don't, seeing as you were babbling incoherently". Grrrr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Like.... another verbal tick. I really try not to say it, I just go silent instead. I think people expect silences to be filled with "like" or "you know" or "you know, like" now.

edit: Or when people say "ya know?" and I feel like screaming "No of course I don't seeing as you were babbling incoherently". Grrrr!
    technically known as fillers :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think the word GLITTER should be banned :rolleyes:

edit: Or when people say "ya know?" and I feel like screaming "No of course I don't seeing as you were babbling incoherently". Grrrr!
    Don't forget, "Like, you know" - that can be used as well, the human race is effecient, to give credit where credit is due.

"Ya know what I'm sayin'" is worse than a plain and simple, "ya know" *flicks onto the Jerry Springer show* ARRRRGGGGHHHHH! :mad: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My friends and I did go through a very annoying phase of saying "NO way dude" or "duuuuuuuude"

I still like "that's really dudey". A friend of mine uses the word "wickbo" which is rather sweet.

ReputationRep:
    blapse as in 'shut up, or i blapse you in the head'

ReputationRep:
    Like.
    Innit.
    Nuffin (as in, 'nothing')
    The phrase - 'I didn't do nuffin, man!'
    Fit (Egan1s description)
    Puff - if used in a homophobic way.
    The word 'duh' or 'durr' <- phonetic version

If I think of more I'll say them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I think the word GLITTER should be banned :rolleyes:
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Like.
    Innit.
    Nuffin (as in, 'nothing')
    The phrase - 'I didn't do nuffin, man!'
    Fit (Egan1s description)
    Puff - if used in a homophobic way.
    The word 'duh' or 'durr' <- phonetic version

If I think of more I'll say them.
    WOOOOOT EVVVAAAAAAHHH mush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    thanx

hehe, only messin'

Char, it's a bit like duh....like a sarcastic way of saying 'yeah' although I say it sometimes, more to take the piss out of it really, I just go "puh, que, che, eh, puh....char!" (You probably need to hear the 'puh que che' stuff to understand what the hell I'm talking about!)

(Original post by Ignorance is Blissy)
    My friends and I did go through a very annoying phase of saying "NO way dude" or "duuuuuuuude"
    I sometimes say, "awww, duuuuude" - but once again it's in more of a mockery of it than actually saying it casually.

The worst thing is when Shelle used to say dude, ergh, the poor girl; does she not know how stupid she sounded? She's obviously oblivious to the emotion of shame with that fringe I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)

The worst thing is when Shelle used to say dude, ergh, the poor girl; does she not know how stupid she sounded? She's obviously oblivious to the emotion of shame with that fringe I suppose.
    I KNOW. WHy hasn't she had it "fixed"?!

ReputationRep:
    hehe, only messin'

ReputationRep:
    WOOOOOT EVVVAAAAAAHHH mush.
    If that is the childish version of "whatever", and you think it should be banned, I agree completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)

wooooooooooo You got a B today

What uni are you going to? Thats if you are of course.

ReputationRep:
    wooooooooooo You got a B today

What uni are you going to? Thats if you are of course.
    not this year, but next, im goin to falmouth college of arts this is the web site cus not many people have heard of it

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.