watermelon99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Could anyone give me or show me a definitive list of all the transition metals and ligand colours, including reaction colour changes and colours of ions, for OCR A level? I can't seem to find a good list anywhere> Thanks so much!
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are they not all in the book at various places?
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by watermelon99)
Could anyone give me or show me a definitive list of all the transition metals and ligand colours, including reaction colour changes and colours of ions, for OCR A level? I can't seem to find a good list anywhere> Thanks so much!
The list of metals and ligand changes is on your spec. Then all you have to do is find out the answer. Having to do a little bit of research will help you recall them in the future. Simply giving you a list is a very poor way to learn them.

(also I haven't updated my notes, yet. This is the only topic we still have to do and I don't have to teach it until after Easter).
watermelon99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok, I'll have a look in the spec. Cheers.
Bence9912
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
my teacher has put together a power point of all colours.
I have made notes on it myself and learnt the colours inside out as well as the reactions.
Hence i got an A* in transition metals test and mostly on all other topics.
I have attached the powerpoint it helped me. Hope it helps u.
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bence9912)
Hope it helps u.
Unfortunately, it is barely of any use for OCR A.
AbdulRaqib
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
These are the colours that need to be known for the AQA spec. I doubt they'll e any different for OCR.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
13.84%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
22.32%
Live streaming events (21)
9.38%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (51)
22.77%
An in-person event when available (50)
22.32%