Really missing my teacher.. what do I do?

Watch
Geekygirl07
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey! I'm a Year 11 student and I have a lot going on at home and in my personal life that can sometimes take their toll on me and my studies.

When this happens, I have a teacher called Mrs B who I is always there to help me and she always makes me feel much more optimistic and hopeful. Panic attacks are something that I'm very used to but since having Mrs B as my mentor within the school, they've slowed down and are no where near as frequent. She's helped me more than I thought anyone ever could however I haven't been able to speak to her recently.

Unfortunately, over the past months my panic attacks have been coming back a lot more and I've been collapsing sometimes. My go-to person is mrs B as she helps me so so much however, it's currently the Easter break and so I won't be seeing her for 3 weeks. This wouldn't be a problem usually however I've been struggling a lot without her help.

I was wondering if you guys can help?? Obviously I'm not looking at contacting her because it's our holiday, however she's one of the people I trust the most in the world (more than my parents). I don't know what to do without her these next few weeks. If you guys can help or give me suggestions to get by on my own, I'd be so so appreciative.

Thank you so much in advance,
GeekyGirl07 )) xx
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey there. I've been dealing with anxiety and panic disorder since year 9 (I'm now year 13) so might be able to offer a bit of advice? I didn't really have anyone like that in high school but I do in college (which is kind of easier because emailing them is a very common thing in college). Perhaps talk to her as soon as you get back but for now, she might not be able to be contacted, especially with 3 weeks off. Something that I do if I can't talk to anyone is do something to distract myself. That might be homework/revision, netflixing, going for a walk, or even just a bath or going to sleep. Do you have any friends that you might be able to talk to or meet up with? Perhaps you could arrange a study day so you're still being productive but you're also seeing your friends.

If you need anything at all, feel free to reply here or private message me. I'm a nice person, I promise (although that's also what an evil person would say so scratch that).
Geekygirl07
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by greghayes)
Hey there. I've been dealing with anxiety and panic disorder since year 9 (I'm now year 13) so might be able to offer a bit of advice? I didn't really have anyone like that in high school but I do in college (which is kind of easier because emailing them is a very common thing in college). Perhaps talk to her as soon as you get back but for now, she might not be able to be contacted, especially with 3 weeks off. Something that I do if I can't talk to anyone is do something to distract myself. That might be homework/revision, netflixing, going for a walk, or even just a bath or going to sleep. Do you have any friends that you might be able to talk to or meet up with? Perhaps you could arrange a study day so you're still being productive but you're also seeing your friends.

If you need anything at all, feel free to reply here or private message me. I'm a nice person, I promise (although that's also what an evil person would say so scratch that).
Thank you so so much. I can't begin to explain how happy I am that you've replied, let alone offered some amazing advice. My friends and I are arranging many revision days etc for the holidays, so I'll be okay there. My main worry is that I talk to my mentor more than anyone, and I've just found myself struggling a bit lately without her.

I'm very much looking forward to speaking to her again as soon as we go back, but for now I'll be trying to do as you've said. If your suggestions have helped you, I'm definitely up for doing them much more. Thank you so much again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (678)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (857)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.52%

Watched Threads