The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's a pity they don't update their website:

http://lorien.ncl.ac.uk/ming/Dept/Time/Termtimes.htm

I start university on the 2nd of October, but that's not much help.

I'd phone them up and check: (0191) 222 6000
Reply 2
Yeah, I'm going to Newcastle, and I thought that the start date was the 11th, cept the pack they sent was a bit confusing so I'm still not sure.
Reply 3
mr-shiraz
Yeah, I'm going to Newcastle, and I thought that the start date was the 11th, cept the pack they sent was a bit confusing so I'm still not sure.

hi mr. shiraz, yeah i thought it was the 11th originally before i got confused. although i might just be fashionably late and get there on the 12th! Where are you coming from? i'm really excited, can't wait!
Reply 4
My dad and mum lecture at Newcastle Uni - the earliest time you can come into residence is Friday the 12th and freshers week starts on the Monday the 15th (I think).

Ben
Reply 5
Unregistered
hi mr. shiraz, yeah i thought it was the 11th originally before i got confused. although i might just be fashionably late and get there on the 12th! Where are you coming from? i'm really excited, can't wait!

I already live in Newcastle, so the date won't really be a problem for me. Where are you from? - and which halls are you staying in? I was going to be in Richardson Road, cept they've refused my accomodation because I live too close.
Reply 6
I was under the impression that we move in on the 12th, and Freshers Week is from the 12th-15th. Not that I know this, because they haven't sent me any welcome packs or anything with 16 days remaining.

I'm not sure if I'll get accomodation in the halls....they still haven't told me, but if I don't it would still mean commuting for nearly an hour in the mornings and evenings.

Mr-shiraz - I know what you mean about not getting accomodation because you live locally, but I have literature from the Uni which sys we are guaranteed accomodation, regardless where we come from.

Although I like them, Newcastle seems to be one of the most inefficient Uni's in the country :frown:

</whinge>
Reply 7
What are u lot doing at Newcastle?
Anyone doing meidicne at newcastle here?

Cheerz
Reply 8
I'm coming to Newc all the way from Somerset. lol, gonna be one long drive up there! still, i can't wait to go, sounds like a brilliant little city. Although i have a bad feeling i may be homeless - it was my insurance so i've only just sent of for my accommadation. I'm so hoping i end up somewhere, don't really care if its halls or flats, i just want a roof! gonna have to wait till after the 5th though till they tell me, which i think is pushing it a bit considering we move in on the 11th/12th!
Reply 9
by the way, anyone who lives in Newcastle, whats the indie scene up there like? are there many indie clubs about? don't get me wrong, cheese is okay, but only up to a certain point when i actually need to dance to proper music!
Reply 10
Unregistered
by the way, anyone who lives in Newcastle, whats the indie scene up there like? are there many indie clubs about? don't get me wrong, cheese is okay, but only up to a certain point when i actually need to dance to proper music!

foundation, cuba cuba, world head quarters all have rock nights. foundations thursday night would probably be something you would enjoy. trillians is the oldest rock club about in newcastle if you fancy that.

Adam
Reply 11
Unregistered
I'm coming to Newc all the way from Somerset. lol, gonna be one long drive up there! still, i can't wait to go, sounds like a brilliant little city. Although i have a bad feeling i may be homeless - it was my insurance so i've only just sent of for my accommadation. I'm so hoping i end up somewhere, don't really care if its halls or flats, i just want a roof! gonna have to wait till after the 5th though till they tell me, which i think is pushing it a bit considering we move in on the 11th/12th!

hey what course u doing?
Reply 12
Unregistered

have you found out if you've got accomodation yet?
Reply 13
i haven't :frown: Never mind, fingers crossed. What course are you doing? I'm doing English Lit btw.
Reply 14
Unregistered
i haven't :frown: Never mind, fingers crossed. What course are you doing? I'm doing English Lit btw.

I'm doing dentistry *smothers manic cackle*
Reply 15
Argh, i hate dentists. ummm, no offense! i'm sure you'll make a lvoely dentist! i just don't like those gloves.
Reply 16
Unregistered
Argh, i hate dentists. ummm, no offense! i'm sure you'll make a lvoely dentist! i just don't like those gloves.

lol - yeah i hate those gloves too, - I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it. yuk

Latest

Trending

Trending