AQA Psychology A2 going from 12 mark essay plans to 16 mark essays?? Watch

chloewhitexox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
s anyone else really struggling to upskill the AS units. In year 12 units like memory/ social influence could only come up as 12 mark questions whereas this year they can be asked as 16 marks. How are people managing to add 4 additional A03's onto their year 12 essay plans???
Verigans
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just use an Issues and Debates AO3, for example with Zimbardo, I just add an evaluation about ethics, gender bias or culture bias
Hannah_Vi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree, you should be now incoportating issues and debates into your 16 mark essays to get the extra AO3 points.
chloewhitexox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Hannah_Vi)
I agree, you should be now incoportating issues and debates into your 16 mark essays to get the extra AO3 points.
I have for Psychopathology, approaches, attachment etc but i'm finding it really difficult for Social influence and Memory units
Verigans
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chloewhitexox)
I have for Psychopathology, approaches, attachment etc but i'm finding it really difficult for Social influence and Memory units
SI and Memory theories are all based on research or supporting research so just evaluate the research like ethics or bias

I have a textbook with about 5 evaluations per theory and I just pick and choose which ones I find easy to remember!

However, something I got taught by an AQA examiner/marker is that you don't have to use 4 AO3's and that the best essay he ever marked had one evaluation but consisted of counter arguments and supporting evidence.

I just write 3 AO3's with one having a counterargument
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (140)
18.16%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (132)
17.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (236)
30.61%

Watched Threads