Sebastianusifoh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Royal Mail has lost my international passport. My indefinite stay is on biometric card. Will i be allowed to register in my uni?
Sebastianusifoh
Rep:
?
I sent my passport and those of my family members to nhs bursary. I enclosed a special delivery envelope for the documents to be returned. Documents were sent through royal mail to me. But Royal mail packed my documents in a transparent bag with the inscription " we are sorry your parcel is getting to you in this state. If any of the contents is lost or damaged, pls call us immediately. I opened the parcel in the presence of the post man and discovered 4 of our passports were not enclosed. I called royal mail immediately. They promised to investigate. There is no news about my passports so far. I am due to start my registration in uni next week. Will.my uni accept my full.drivers licence and biometric card which has.my indefinite stay?
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sebastianusifoh)
I sent my passport and those of my family members to nhs bursary. I enclosed a special delivery envelope for the documents to be returned. Documents were sent through royal mail to me. But Royal mail packed my documents in a transparent bag with the inscription " we are sorry your parcel is getting to you in this state. If any of the contents is lost or damaged, pls call us immediately. I opened the parcel in the presence of the post man and discovered 4 of our passports were not enclosed. I called royal mail immediately. They promised to investigate. There is no news about my passports so far. I am due to start my registration in uni next week. Will.my uni accept my full.drivers licence and biometric card which has.my indefinite stay?
Contact the uni ASAP and ask them
Sebastianusifoh
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Thanks for your advice. I have contacted the uni. Asked me to wait till end of my the week to see if I get it back.
Cate1976
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't count on Royal Mail finding the passports. In your situation, I'd be going to the police & reporting the passports as lost. Keep copies of everything that you have to pay as a result of your passports being lost. There is a way of getting Royal Mail to reimburse you.
Sebastianusifoh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cate1976)
I wouldn't count on Royal Mail finding the passports. In your situation, I'd be going to the police & reporting the passports as lost. Keep copies of everything that you have to pay as a result of your passports being lost. There is a way of getting Royal Mail to reimburse you.
Thanks so much.
Sebastianusifoh
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Some good news today. Uni has agreed to enrol me with my biometric card and a photocopy of my passport. However, Royal mail and Nhs bursary and tossing me here and there. Royal mail asked me to ask nhs bursary to make a claim. Mgs bursary said I should make a claim against royal mail. They sent my passports in a secured envelope. Lawyer asked me to ask them why no covering note detailing what they sent to me was not done. They said they never do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads