AQA A Level Computer Science - what would I need to get an A*? Watch

AmarRPM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I got a B/C in my NEA coursework, would I still be able to get an A* overall?

If so, roughly what UMS would I need in Paper 1 and Paper 2 to get an A*?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
mahmzo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AmarRPM)
If I got a B/C in my NEA coursework, would I still be able to get an A* overall?

If so, roughly what UMS would I need in Paper 1 and Paper 2 to get an A*?
First of all its not UMS. I am gonna do a rough estimation. Considering last year 66% was an A. I would say you would need minimum of 85-90 to get the A* with a B/C in the NEA. However if you get an A* in the NEA you could be safe with around 70-80 marks in each paper
AmarRPM
Rep:
?
(Original post by mahmzo)
First of all its not UMS. I am gonna do a rough estimation. Considering last year 66% was an A. I would say you would need minimum of 85-90 to get the A* with a B/C in the NEA. However if you get an A* in the NEA you could be safe with around 70-80 marks in each paper
Ok, thanks for the help.
mahmzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok, thanks for the help.
How are you finding the paper 1+2 revision? What are you using as ur main source of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
AmarRPM
Rep:
?
How are you finding the paper 1+2 revision? What are you using as ur main source of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm using Comp 2 and Comp 3 past papers, as well as the Heathcote textbook alongside the specification to revise for Paper 2. As for Paper 1, I've been self teaching a lot of the Python required as well as playing around with the preliminary material. Wbu?
mahmzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm using Comp 2 and Comp 3 past papers, as well as the Heathcote textbook alongside the specification to revise for Paper 2. As for Paper 1, I've been self teaching a lot of the Python required as well as playing around with the preliminary material. Wbu?
Paper 2: I have notes i made using the textbook. As well as comp2/3 papers and specimen + additional questions.

Paper1: Same i have been just studying the preliminary so i am up to grips with the entire code. Hopefully all goes well. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
AmarRPM
Rep:
?
Paper 2: I have notes i made using the textbook. As well as comp2/3 papers and specimen + additional questions.

Paper1: Same i have been just studying the preliminary so i am up to grips with the entire code. Hopefully all goes well. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
GL to you too, I'm going to attempt the specimen papers once I've done all of the Comp2 + Comp3 papers from January 09 onwards.

How far have you progressed with your coursework btw?
mahmzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
GL to you too, I'm going to attempt the specimen papers once I've done all of the Comp2 + Comp3 papers from January 09 onwards.

How far have you progressed with your coursework btw?
I am basically finished. I only have to get my End User Feedback as part of my evaluation.
AmarRPM
Rep:
?
I am basically finished. I only have to get my End User Feedback as part of my evaluation.
Fair enough, I'm should be finished soon as well. How many pages is your write up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (160)
66.39%
No (81)
33.61%

Watched Threads