The Student Room Group

How are you meant to revise English language?????

I'm taking me gcses in a month or so and i feel like English language is something a lot of students get bs in because they don't see it as something to revise. I'd really like an a* but apart from learning how to write reviews and articles etc how do you revise?
Original post by Bertybassett
I'm taking me gcses in a month or so and i feel like English language is something a lot of students get bs in because they don't see it as something to revise. I'd really like an a* but apart from learning how to write reviews and articles etc how do you revise?

Study the techniques covered in class and your textbook and be prepared to mention and identify and analyse them. Read texts similar to what might come up in your exam, after you've exhausted all the past papers. Maybe YouTube some tips for it as well... because the key to getting more than a b is how you write, not just what you write.

Also practice speedy essay writing as time may be an issue in the exam! But practice how you'd write in the exam, by jotting notes and hen expanding on them during your writing.
(edited 7 years ago)

look at the mark schemes for the specimen papers, so you know what the examiner would be looking for. then put it into practice. there aren't past papers to do for the new specification but you can do the ones for the old spec
Do you know where to find the wjec specimen papers and Mark schemes as I can't find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know where to find the wjec specimen papers and Mark schemes as I can't find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/english-language/gcse/wjec-eduqas-gcse-english-language-sams-100914.pdf
Reply 5
AQA english language is killing me. :frown:
In terms of revision for language how are you revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I’m not sure if this is the best however,I’m doing the new 9-1 English language A igcse Edexcel.Having the textbook is not necessary according to my teacher.What I’m doing is completing past papers and printing out mark schemes in order to understand and write what the examiner is expecting specifically.Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Quick Reply

Latest