The Student Room Group

Advanced learner loan query

Hi
I'm looking to do an Access to HE in midwifery and get an advanced learner loan to pay it. As I already have a degree from 1998 will I be eligible?

Also the application asks if I've ever had a loan before from SLC. My loan is a mortgage style one and been sold on so is the answer to that yes?

Finally if I'm eligible when I go into uni will this loan be combined with the loan to pay the degree and I make a single payment?

Thanks Jade
Original post by Jadegirly2k
Hi
I'm looking to do an Access to HE in midwifery and get an advanced learner loan to pay it. As I already have a degree from 1998 will I be eligible?

Also the application asks if I've ever had a loan before from SLC. My loan is a mortgage style one and been sold on so is the answer to that yes?

Finally if I'm eligible when I go into uni will this loan be combined with the loan to pay the degree and I make a single payment?

Thanks Jade

Yes you should be eligible despite an earlier degree. ALL loans don't have a restriction based on earlier qualifications.
You should say that YES you have previously had an SLC loan (they'll be able to find you records otherwise even though the loan is no longer managed by SLC - even if you'd paid it off then you would tick YES to that question).
An ALL for an Access diploma will be written off if your GRADUATE from a degree. If you didn't graduate from a new degree (for example something went wrong and you needed to drop out after a year or two of the degree) then the ALL would be bundled up with any other tuuition/maintenance loan debt - so your monthly repayments would be the same amount but would last for slightly longer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending