The Student Room Group

I really just want university to start.

hey!

I'm going to uni in September and I am just so excited, I just really can't wait. The problem is I'm too excited meaning I'm very bored at the moment and just dreading the wait for university to actually start.

Before people say "you should be revising" etc... I do revise I have a revision timetable which I follow but even so, I get bored in the morning & in the evening unless football is on. I'm trying to find a job to help me keep distracted and pass time but I don't think it'll do it.

Are people feeling the same way? Is there people here who went through this experience?
yeh i agree.
Not even that excited tbh just want to leave this **** *y existence behind and move on :smile:
It's natural to be excited. It will be a new experience for you. But that excitement wont last obviously. Once you start your studies, your focus starts to change.

My advice for you is it is okay to remain excited, but don't over do it. You'll have plenty of time to revise when university starts. Spend the time now resting and relaxing. Watch films, spend time with friends and family etc.
Reply 3
Original post by bhfn
hey!

I'm going to uni in September and I am just so excited, I just really can't wait. The problem is I'm too excited meaning I'm very bored at the moment and just dreading the wait for university to actually start.

Before people say "you should be revising" etc... I do revise I have a revision timetable which I follow but even so, I get bored in the morning & in the evening unless football is on. I'm trying to find a job to help me keep distracted and pass time but I don't think it'll do it.

Are people feeling the same way? Is there people here who went through this experience?

I'm currently feeling the same way! Except I'm on a gap year, so I don't even have revision to keep me preoccupied. I have been trying to build up my confidence more, and saving up money so when I start in September I should have a fair amount of money to help me out, plus I'll feel less nervous at Freshers. Also reckon nearer the time I'll start looking over the recommended reading list & stuff so I've got a good start course wise as well. Definitely feel as though work helps pass the time, even though the shifts can drag, it sort of feels like you're going from one shift straight into another, so the days can fly by that way.
Man I remember I was just like you in that situation.

My recommendation is: get a job. This is especially true if you have a 'spending persona'. If you have money saved up right now and those savings are growing then maybe you won't need a job in uni. But if you're skint now then you'll probably be skint in Uni so it'll help to have an extra thousand or so from the start incase your funds start to run out. You can have fun at uni for cheap, but when you have absolutely nothing its a different story altogether
The real question is are you excited about getting closser to entrance to the real world where you pay bills and work like a slave? Dont wish for time to go fast young lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
same feels man

Original post by bhfn
I do revise I have a revision timetable which I follow

oh ok maybe not then
Reply 7
Original post by Got Milk
The real question is are you excited about getting closser to entrance to the real world where you pay bills and work like a slave? Dont wish for time to go fast young lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow okay soz

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am really looking forward to starting the course that i want to be studying. i attended the applicants day at Stirling today and as soon as i could get into the department i was there talking to lecturers. one of them gave me his email address to contact him so he can point me in the direction of useful reading to do over summer in preparation for the course. they all seemed quite surprised at this request but understand my reasons and respect my pro-active approach

Let me guess what you will ne studying..

Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you haven't done NCS, do it this summer, you won't regret it. Seriously.
Reply 11
Let me guess what you will ne studying..

Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accounting and finance
Reply 12
Original post by BrainyBengali
If you haven't done NCS, do it this summer, you won't regret it. Seriously.

I did it during the autumn of 2015, wasn't as good as the summer ones but was the last opportunity before I turned 18.
Original post by bhfn
I did it during the autumn of 2015, wasn't as good as the summer ones but was the last opportunity before I turned 18.

Same year as me - the Summer one was amazing, but I've heard the Autumn one was quite fun too. As you said, at least you had the experience without getting too old.

*facepalm he's wearing the flippin' T-shirt in his pic*
Reply 14
Original post by BrainyBengali
Same year as me - the Summer one was amazing, but I've heard the Autumn one was quite fun too. As you said, at least you had the experience without getting too old.

*facepalm he's wearing the flippin' T-shirt in his pic*

omg woah I forgot I had it in my pic 😂😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
You think that now but when you're drowning in work you'll miss your free time (I'm a second year)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Equally, it's also closer to 3-4 years of the chirpse, no responsibility and being on the beers several times a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending