Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Reactions to the Dissapointment of Students???? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How should you best react to someone when they tell you they havent done as well in their exams as they expected?? I'm bound to bump into some poor dissapointed soul (a kindred soul, as the case may well be by tomorrow) and was wondering what people thought is the bes way to react to the news of such people? Do you poor on the sickly (and sometimes overtly superficial and ignorant) sympathy, or slap them round the face and shout "CLEARING OR EMPLOYMENT - THATS YOUR CHOICE!".

ReputationRep:
    "You tried your best and that's all that matters..." :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    slap them!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    How should you best react to someone when they tell you they havent done as well in their exams as they expected?? I'm bound to bump into some poor dissapointed soul (a kindred soul, as the case may well be by tomorrow) and was wondering what people thought is the bes way to react to the news of such people? Do you poor on the sickly (and sometimes overtly superficial and ignorant) sympathy, or slap them round the face and shout "CLEARING OR EMPLOYMENT - THATS YOUR CHOICE!".
    Somewhere in the middle of those two extremes will probably do the trick. Maybe 'I'm sorry you didn't get what you'd hoped for, but you know, there are plenty of other options' <cue the listing of the many, many, many career options still available>.

Although, I am probably going to be one of those poor disappointed souls tomorrow. I give you full permission to try out your sympathetic (or, as the case may be, callous) response techniques on me.

ReputationRep:
    What about if you are one of those people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    i'll be gettin lots of slaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Which I will be...but thanks for telling me what to expect everyone :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    "or slap them round the face and shout "CLEARING OR EMPLOYMENT - THATS YOUR CHOICE!".

if anyone does that to me after im dissapointed i'll tell them to **** right off and kick them square in the nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Which I will be...but thanks for telling me what to expect everyone :rolleyes:
    Was that aimed at me? I didn't tell you anything, my comment was aimed at the original poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    "You tried your best and that's all that matters..." :rolleyes:
    NO NO NO...thats not all that matters...i would kick someone for saying that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    "or slap them round the face and shout "CLEARING OR EMPLOYMENT - THATS YOUR CHOICE!".

if anyone does that to me after im dissapointed i'll tell them to **** right off and kick them square in the nuts
    Lol I might take a leaf out of your book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)

i dont have nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i dont have nuts
    i dont believe you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    was going to ask that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I point to this part of my post -
    a kindred soul, as the case may well be by tomorrow
    Fear not my friend, I'm more than aware of all ranges of outcomes that tomorrow could throw up.

I'm sorry if that point was submerged in pretension.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Was that aimed at me? I didn't tell you anything, my comment was aimed at the original poster
    No, it was not aimed at you. Hence the use of the word 'everyone'

ReputationRep:
    I point to this part of my post -

Fear not my friend, I'm more than aware of all ranges of outcomes that tomorrow could throw up.

I'm sorry if that point was submerged in pretension.
    Sorry, I didn't really read the post properly, it kinda sounded like you were certain of getting your grades! (which you may well be). Just think how you would want people to act towards you and act like that to others. I wouldnt go with the slapping thing though!

ReputationRep:
    the worst thing you can possibly say.....from my experience last year is

"it'll be ok"

because from where the person is standing, its not going to be ok, and there is no point trying to convince them otherwise.

they'll soon realise it for them selves after a few drinks!

love Katy ***

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.