The Student Room Group

What does 'seeing' someone actually mean

There's been a lot of debate as to what seeing someone means. This guy wanted to start 'seeing me'. I had no clue what he meant by it. So does anyone know what it actually means? It kind of sounds like a casual thing really.
In my experience it can be casual or completely monogamous depending on the person. I'd be cautious and take it as literally seeing, as in meeting up for a night together or a date every now and again. Maybe a couple of "dates" in it would be time to clarify so you both know where you stand.
Friends with benefits with the potential to become a relationship, in other words.
Reply 3
Original post by carrotstar
In my experience it can be casual or completely monogamous depending on the person. I'd be cautious and take it as literally seeing, as in meeting up for a night together or a date every now and again. Maybe a couple of "dates" in it would be time to clarify so you both know where you stand.

Original post by WoodyMKC
Friends with benefits with the potential to become a relationship, in other words.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he was alluding to friends with benefits. Just found it odd that he couldn't say friends with benefits so came up with seeing each other. He's probably scared I'll get mad if he mentions that he wants to have sex.:rofl:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I'm pretty sure he was alluding to friends with benefits. Just found it odd that he couldn't say friends with benefits so came up with seeing each other. He's probably scared I'll get mad if he mentions that he wants to have sex.:rofl:

Amateur :rofl: Get them to admit that having a FWB is something they'd be into without directly asking them, then be all like "Oh, me too! Say, maybe we could help each other out..." :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous

He probably just doesn't want to scare you off if he likes you. Try and be open-minded. If you are interested in him then go ahead and meet up but don't let him force you into anything you're not comfortable with, and make sure you clarify what he is expecting and are comfortable with it before you let yourself fall for him! It won't do you any good if one of you is hoping for a committed relationship and the other just wants sex!
you use your eyes to view them
Reply 7
It the early dating phase, date 3 onwards but before you've declared bf / gf.
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
Amateur :rofl: Get them to admit that having a FWB is something they'd be into without directly asking them, then be all like "Oh, me too! Say, maybe we could help each other out..." :biggrin:

I did what you said :rofl: I made a joke about handjobs and his reply was 'I wouldn't mind one tbh.' So I said I was joking and he replied with 'but really I wouldn't mind.' :rofl: Back to seriousness, I told him I wouldn't mind 'seeing him' as long as he doesn't pressure me into anything and he's open to a relationship in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest