Boyfriend is always with his ex but says it's because he has to or she will be upset. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
He has a 4 year old with his ex. He loved her and she's a pretty girl. But she dumped him almost two years ago and came out as a lesbian. I didn't know she was a lesbian.

When we started dating he seemed really interested in me and introduced me to all his family and friends but wouldn't tell her about me. He said this was because she's manipulative and unstable and would be angry if he dated someone else and would take their Son to Scotland where she is from.

He carried on spending time with her. I knew as I found her on Facebook and she constantly had pics of them up. They're not together, it was obvious she was lesbian.

He said he only met up with her as she is crazy and manipulative and if he didn't she would take their Son to her hometown and he didn't trust her parenting so needed to keep the peace or he could lose touch with his Son forever.

His parents agreed she was crazy but they seem to have absorbed his lies.

He refuses to introduce me to her, he's finally admitted she's lesbian. So she clearly isn't in love with him. I get the feeling she doesn't give two hoots if he's dating anyone and she sees him as a good friend only. I'm also not convinced at all that she's a crazy, manipulative :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: like he claims. He spends a lot of time with her on family outings. If she was an awful person he really doesn't need to be on day trips with her every week.

I suspect he likes her as a person and they both get on as friends. She's no threat as she's lesbian. So why tell me she's an awful human being? And why not cut down how much time he spends with her now he has a girlfriend? Why not introduce me? She's found out about me from his Mum and says she doesn't care if he's dating someone.

I don't think it's appropriate for him to be spending as much time as he does with his ex but he will meet her without telling me. He's told her we went on a few dates and that's it and has always insisted we are not dating.

What do you make of all this? Do you think his version of events about her being awful and only spending time with her to be amicable could ever be true?
sunnydespair
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would be unhappy if my boyfriend was spending large amounts of time with an ex-girlfriend , even if she is a lesbian . You should obviously make it clear that it's not really acceptable or fair for him to do that . If he still continues to do it , it may put a strain on your relationship , but you have every right to tell him how you feel at the moment .
Anonymous #1
I've told him. He's always chosen to meet up with her and upset me.
Jammie_x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He has a 4 year old with his ex. He loved her and she's a pretty girl. But she dumped him almost two years ago and came out as a lesbian. I didn't know she was a lesbian.

When we started dating he seemed really interested in me and introduced me to all his family and friends but wouldn't tell her about me. He said this was because she's manipulative and unstable and would be angry if he dated someone else and would take their Son to Scotland where she is from.

He carried on spending time with her. I knew as I found her on Facebook and she constantly had pics of them up. They're not together, it was obvious she was lesbian.

He said he only met up with her as she is crazy and manipulative and if he didn't she would take their Son to her hometown and he didn't trust her parenting so needed to keep the peace or he could lose touch with his Son forever.

His parents agreed she was crazy but they seem to have absorbed his lies.

He refuses to introduce me to her, he's finally admitted she's lesbian. So she clearly isn't in love with him. I get the feeling she doesn't give two hoots if he's dating anyone and she sees him as a good friend only. I'm also not convinced at all that she's a crazy, manipulative :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: like he claims. He spends a lot of time with her on family outings. If she was an awful person he really doesn't need to be on day trips with her every week.

I suspect he likes her as a person and they both get on as friends. She's no threat as she's lesbian. So why tell me she's an awful human being? And why not cut down how much time he spends with her now he has a girlfriend? Why not introduce me? She's found out about me from his Mum and says she doesn't care if he's dating someone.

I don't think it's appropriate for him to be spending as much time as he does with his ex but he will meet her without telling me. He's told her we went on a few dates and that's it and has always insisted we are not dating.

What do you make of all this? Do you think his version of events about her being awful and only spending time with her to be amicable could ever be true?
I'm sorry but I think the obvious has been stated here just by what you said.. He's still in love with his ex and he's clinging onto some hope to get back together with her. It seems like she isn't even bothered about what he does but him saying this stuff about her, is trying to make you not suspect that he still has feelings.

I would confront him about it and state that by the way he is being, it's like he still has feelings for her. I think there will always be something there since both had there first kid together. BUT state how it's hurtful his attitude is when he's telling her you aren't even together etc. If nothing changes, dump him and cut contact. Don't be anyone's second best

Posted from TSR Mobile
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Boyfriend is always with his ex but he says it's because he has to or she will be upset.

lol.
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your boyfriend is a :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: and evidently still fancies his ex. Get rid
Anonymous #1
So he still likes her?
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you have a long way to go
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (154)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.71%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.55%

Watched Threads