tsh2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have applied to 6th form to do A-Level History.
Does anybody have any experience with OCR History, Pitt to Peel? It sounds rather boring - what do you think of it & is it hard to understand?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
emstainer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heya, I've studied this course (taking exams this June) - this is obvious just my subjective opinion, but I found history in general, and this part of the course in particular, really challenging.
If you have a good teacher it will probably be okay, but it is very political, and some of it is quite difficult to understand.
That being said, I wasn't that great at History in the first place, so it may just be me haha!

tsh2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by emstainer)
Heya, I've studied this course (taking exams this June) - this is obvious just my subjective opinion, but I found history in general, and this part of the course in particular, really challenging.
If you have a good teacher it will probably be okay, but it is very political, and some of it is quite difficult to understand.
That being said, I wasn't that great at History in the first place, so it may just be me haha!

Hi,
Sorry, I've only just seen your reply.

All the history teachers at my school are great (bar one). I just don't think a topic in political history will be very interesting. I've looked at the specification and there's so much to choose from! Russian Tsardom & Rasputin, the Tudors, etc, but Pitt to Peel just sound very tiresome.

I find history really interesting and I like to think that I'm quite good at it, so hopefully I should be able to force myself through it.

Thanks for the reply.
emstainer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tsh2001)
Hi,
Sorry, I've only just seen your reply.

All the history teachers at my school are great (bar one). I just don't think a topic in political history will be very interesting. I've looked at the specification and there's so much to choose from! Russian Tsardom & Rasputin, the Tudors, etc, but Pitt to Peel just sound very tiresome.

I find history really interesting and I like to think that I'm quite good at it, so hopefully I should be able to force myself through it.

Thanks for the reply.
that's okay! Yeah I reckon if you have really good teachers it'll probably be a lot easier. It's not quite as interesting as most 20th century stuff, but in fairness it's more relevant than I thought it would be - as I said it is pretty difficult, but I think if you work hard enough you'll find it interesting and manageable.
Mills_B
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
.Hiya!
I've only just come across this thread but I personally find the course relatively easy. I might be biased because I adore politics but I actually think it's a pretty interesting period. Lots of people in my classes disliked it at first but grew to love it.
If you did well at GCSE then you should be well placed to do well in it. It's not a complex period, much of the topics is intertwined. The only area that I personally find hard is the forgein policy section but even that is fine if you have a good teacher. It's much more focused on the history and context of society than it is on the actual politics.

Good luck x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads