23.08%
Neither (1)
7.69%
BlueEyes15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Would you rather have an actual book to read or an e-book (on a kindle/ipad etc)?

Personally I'd rather have a real book
152mmOfDerp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It really depends, if you are using one of the older kindles with E-Ink then an e-reader would be best. The newer kindles with bright LED/AMOLED displays don't have the battery life to read so I would prefer a book over those.
clumsyorange
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
there's something really nice about holding a physical book in your hands (and i really, really like the smell of new books ). i prefer real books but usually use my kindle, as it's lighter, and physical books take up a lot of space.
catinsomehat
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For fiction I prefer ebooks (they take up a lot less room and it's a lot easier to carry around a bunch of books with you too).

For textbooks I prefer physical books because it makes searching through them easier when you need to go back and forth through pages.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i buy books because i like collecting books, but if you're just a person who likes to know the story, either way works fine. if it wasn't for my personal choice of collecting books then i'd go for ebooks, saves space and whatnot, but i think the front covers make them look nice in my room
BlueEyes15
Rep:
?
(Original post by clumsyorange)
there's something really nice about holding a physical book in your hands (and i really, really like the smell of new books ). i prefer real books but usually use my kindle, as it's lighter, and physical books take up a lot of space.
I definitely agree!
username3099438
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I buy E-books because I can read on my phone too. However, if I really liked the e-book I'll buy the actual book too because I'm weird.
For textbooks and other non fiction I prefer the real thing.
BlueEyes15
Rep:
?
(Original post by feministy)
I buy E-books because I can read on my phone too. However, if I really liked the e-book I'll buy the actual book too because I'm weird.
For textbooks and other non fiction I prefer the real thing.
yeah I think it definitely depends on what you're reading
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.33%
I'm not sure (42)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (289)
29.79%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (475)
48.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed