The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a cheater?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, my ego would tell me to do it and be the best she's ever had so she won't cheat.

Original post by queenofswords
My bf can :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: whoever, I don't care. As long as he doesn't fall in love with them and is smart about it. Although I myself wouldn't be into sleeping with other people. Call me a cuck but I just do not like constraining other people.

well hello there
Reply 21
Original post by _gcx
This, absolutely. Think about it from a cheater's perspective: you're not being permitted to leave the past behind you and hence are forced to dwell on it. How is that fair? (this is more to the people that said no regardless of circumstances)
It's very hard to trust or like cheaters because they tend to be scum, and are dishonest and manipulative in general. Nearly all pedophiles are cheaters (they have sex with their children) and all psychopaths are as well. Adultery was also found to be a lot more common among the prison population.

A lot of them also have a fetish for adultery. They get off on the idea of doing something they know they're not suppose to do or they get off on deceiving people. It's a bit f****ed up, tbh.

Don't try to make them seem all innocuous, because they knowingly deceive and hurt other people.
Original post by tapir
It's very hard to trust or like cheaters because they tend to be scum, and are dishonest and manipulative in general. Nearly all pedophiles are cheaters (they have sex with their children) and all psychopaths are as well. Adultery was also found to be a lot more common among the prison population.

A lot of them also have a fetish for adultery. They get off on the idea of doing something they know they're not suppose to do or they get off on deceiving people. It's a bit f****ed up, tbh.

Don't try to make them seem all innocuous, because they knowingly deceive and hurt other people.

You are generalising excessively here.
Reply 23
Original post by _gcx
You are generalising excessively here.

Cheating by definition is dishonest and deceptive. Naturally, deceptive people are more like to be cheaters and are contemptible. Also, a lot of cheaters are hypocrites, and wouldn't like the same thing done to them.
Reply 24
Original post by tapir
Cheating by definition is dishonest and deceptive. Naturally, deceptive people are more like to be cheaters and are contemptible. Also, a lot of cheaters are hypocrites, and wouldn't like the same thing done to them.

several dark triad personality traits have been closely correlated with cheating

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259120428_Differential_infidelity_patterns_among_the_Dark_Triad

perhaps I should ask future partners to take some form of dark triad test before commencing a relationship
Depends on the individual case of course, there's no general rule for this

Generally yes if I really liked the girl but I have really high standards (Ivanka Trump level)
No,because they'd probably do it again
Reply 27
I watched my dad's cheating tear my family apart. Divorce, moving miles away, pushing my mother into poverty, the works. I've seen the trouble and devastation it can cause.

But, you know what? People have it in them to try and be better. If I cared enough for them, and I had reason to believe they were genuine in their attempt to move on, I would give them that chance. You'd be surprised how people can change for the sake of someone they love.

Equally, though, you can't change some people, and you're better remaining friends or acquaintances than dating them and hoping they'll change for you if they've showed no indication of leaving their past behind them thus far.

Hell, if people were to refuse to date any of us because of the people we used to be, many of us would find ourselves without friends, and love.

You don't always know the reasons behind cheating, either. Some people aren't well suited to monogamy (I prefer it, but if I loved my partner and they wanted to have an open relationship in an attempt to save ours, I'd be willing to let them try it). Others might have been being cheated on at the same time. Sometimes it's just cowardice and lack of courage to call off a relationship because they've found someone else. Whatever.

That being said, I will admit that I do tend to have a negative impression of people who are cheaters. It is selfish, to me, and might change how much I would want to date them. But if they told me themselves (in no bragging form) I would respect them for being able to tell me that in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending