The Student Room Group

Easiest way to lose weight?

Im a busy student so I cant go to the gym everyday (as much as i would like to). I find my weight constantly fluctuates and I really want to be skinny. Im at the moment quite chubby with thick thighs but i want to be thin and slender and skinny and beautiful. thanks!
Gym is not the only way to lose weight. Walking to lectures from your accommodation certainly helps, or, if you commute, getting off one stop early and walking the rest of your journey.
If walking is not enough, join weekend sports clubs.
Also, learn to cook if you don't know how to. Your food will be a lot cheaper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Im a busy student so I cant go to the gym everyday (as much as i would like to). I find my weight constantly fluctuates and I really want to be skinny. Im at the moment quite chubby with thick thighs but i want to be thin and slender and skinny and beautiful. thanks!

I liked the busy student angle.

How about eating at a calorie deficit then you will lose weight. 500-750 consistently fewer calories a day should do it. You could do a home workout as well, but maybe you are too busy.
avoid sugar as much as you can this is key! when blood sugar levels are high then our bodies go into fat storing mode.

Try to eat healthy balanced meals, don't do anything like cut out all carbs. but make sure you eat good food and drink good drinks, this means cutting out sugary drinks, fruit juices, anything with "diet" on the label is a no they are very bad for your health, foods high in sugar or fat, ANY fast food no matter what the calorie intake is avoid fast food there are so many hidden trans fats in fast food. if you're someone who likes snacking snack on things with high levels of leptin, such as almonds, berries etc. also fruit in general is great to snack on and will give you a better complexion. idk if you have any dietary requirements but 2 fish dishes, 2 meat dishes, 2 vegetable based dishes, 1 pasta dish every week is a good basis for what you should have for supper. breakfast is also an important meal, i like to make a fruit smoothie every morning and also have 1 slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter, eggs are also great for breakfast as they are a good source of protein.

Also it's a good idea to do cardio maybe 3 times a week seeing as your busy, i would recommend doing interval training and circuit training, as these are more effective than just working out at a certain intensity the whole session.

good luck! x
Original post by 999tigger
I liked the busy student angle.

How about eating at a calorie deficit then you will lose weight. 500-750 consistently fewer calories a day should do it. You could do a home workout as well, but maybe you are too busy.

you shouldn't eat less than 1500 calories especially straight away
you shouldn't eat less than 1500 calories especially straight away

Obviously it would help if we knew the ops stats, but the min level is below 1200 for an extended period.

The recommended safe rate of loss is 1-2lb a week. 500= 1lb a week and 750 is 1.5lb a week.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/should-you-lose-weight-fast.aspx
https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/

Where did you get your 1500 figure from?
(edited 7 years ago)
avoid sugar as much as you can this is key! when blood sugar levels are high then our bodies go into fat storing mode.

Try to eat healthy balanced meals, don't do anything like cut out all carbs. but make sure you eat good food and drink good drinks, this means cutting out sugary drinks, fruit juices, anything with "diet" on the label is a no they are very bad for your health, foods high in sugar or fat, ANY fast food no matter what the calorie intake is avoid fast food there are so many hidden trans fats in fast food. if you're someone who likes snacking snack on things with high levels of leptin, such as almonds, berries etc. also fruit in general is great to snack on and will give you a better complexion. idk if you have any dietary requirements but 2 fish dishes, 2 meat dishes, 2 vegetable based dishes, 1 pasta dish every week is a good basis for what you should have for supper. breakfast is also an important meal, i like to make a fruit smoothie every morning and also have 1 slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter, eggs are also great for breakfast as they are a good source of protein.

Also it's a good idea to do cardio maybe 3 times a week seeing as your busy, i would recommend doing interval training and circuit training, as these are more effective than just working out at a certain intensity the whole session.

good luck! x

Calorie deficit is what :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: for weight loss.
Sugar isnt great because it is calorie dense and lacks nutrition, but you could still lose weght eating mars bars as long as you were at deficit.

The OP has already decided she wont exercise because she is a busy student. If the OP was doing any exercise she should do a mix of weights and cardio. Weights are vitally important to preserve muscle mass.
No carbs is easiest.
Walk more. Get off one bus stop earlier and walk the extra bit.

Quick Reply

Latest