The Student Room Group

Stop comaring the Iraq War to Syria!!

Iraq was not in the middle of a civil war in 2003. The invasion could be seen as unprovoked. People are being killed currently in Syria with chemical weapons so the only solution is regime change. I personally believe that if a Syrian revolution happened while Saddam was in power, he would have supported it.

Assad and Putin must be stopped and it may even be worth the west directly fighting Russia for. Why are people not willing to act in this devastating situation?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry for comaring.
They lied about Iraq
They lied about Libya
They're lying about Syria
Reply 3
Original post by Badger Face
Sorry for comaring.

My bad
Reply 4
Original post by 0100100101001101
They lied about Iraq
They lied about Libya
They're lying about Syria

They didnt lie about Libya. How did they lie? Gaddafi was killing his people!
17842118_407657332923325_1956286317_n.jpg
Reply 6
I wouldnt be that bothered if i was foreign minister. Let scum kill scum, it reduces the surplus population which would end up in the UK or USA, let europe burn with the radicals moving in on what country when they want conducting terror attacks and do not give them any GCHQ prior knowledge into the attacks
Reply 7
17842118_407657332923325_1956286317_n.jpg

So called 'ISIS', is supporting the Syrian government. They helped weaken the opposition.
Original post by Sami50
They didnt lie about Libya. How did they lie? Gaddafi was killing his people!

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/22/libya-and-the-myth-of-humanitarian-intervention/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/libya-war-was-based-on-lies-bogus-intelligence-nato-supported-and-armed-the-rebels-british-parliamentary-report/5547356

[video="youtube;Jm62T3x1iKE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm62T3x1iKE[/video]

Dude, do some research.
Original post by Sami50
So called 'ISIS', is supporting the Syrian government. They helped weaken the opposition.

You kidding me?

Do you have any understanding of the conflict in Syria?

ISIS and Assad are the primary enemies in this conflict.
Reply 10
Original post by NotPCDW
I wouldnt be that bothered if i was foreign minister. Let scum kill scum, it reduces the surplus population which would end up in the UK or USA, let europe burn with the radicals moving in on what country when they want conducting terror attacks and do not give them any GCHQ prior knowledge into the attacks

Why are you calling Syrians scum? Do you not care for humanity.
17842145_407505872938471_1638315439_n.jpg
Reply 12

I know what I'm talking about, the crimes of Gaddafi are well known. What makes your news sources so reliable?
Reply 13
17842145_407505872938471_1638315439_n.jpg

It's not enough. Surrounding nations should lead a ground invasion and give training, logistical, tactical and air support to the opposition. Turkey should stop playing with the Russians.
Reply 14
Oh yeah, great freedom. Stupid USA can't even stop a bunch of angry bearded men in Afghanistan, they have all these tanks, air defence and planes.

USA doesn't give a flying :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: about the Iraqi people or the Syrian people. Iraq? Oh you came here to give freedom? :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:, they banned any Iraqis that were affiliated with the Baathist government aka practically every Iraqi people because all Iraqis were required to work with the government in some way shape or form whether that be police, army or medical means.

But it doesn't stop there, the USA have the power to make Iraqi Kurdistan independent, to give the Kurds a place of their own but did they do that? Further proof that the USA don't give a :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: about Iraq. They can easily do that, no one would question them.

Al-Assad attacked his "own-people" (in my book, they're traitors although as to why, the USA fed them false lies) because his father did it, and it worked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Hama_massacre

As for the comparison, I mean I don't know OP I'm seeing innocent people, soldiers getting killed, building and infrastructure getting destroyed on both sides I think that makes a pretty good comparision.
Reply 15
You kidding me?

Do you have any understanding of the conflict in Syria?

ISIS and Assad are the primary enemies in this conflict.

'ISIS' are not technically part of the conflict, just a nuisance in the corner of Syria, pretending to hate Assad while actually helping him. It was the regime that let extremists out of prison to taint the opposition.
Original post by Sami50
I know what I'm talking about, the crimes of Gaddafi are well known. What makes your news sources so reliable?

I highly doubt you know what your talking about when you make erroneous claims like ISIS supports Assad.

I've been studying International Relations in the Middle East for years so I think I know my stuff.

On your point about Gaddafi yes only a moron would claim he didn't do some wrongs against his people. That's not the issue. The issue is that the US yet again led us into war based on lies.
Reply 17
Can you prove it was Assad who used the chemical weapons? The UN and the American government talked about how he gave them up and the UN has stated that the rebels were the most likely to have caused the previous 2013 attack which shows they have access to sarin
Reply 18
Original post by Sami50
Why are you calling Syrians scum? Do you not care for humanity.

Its a troubled nation which is breeding ground for radical islam.Staying out would of been the best idea and allowing them to solve it domestically. So in honesty airstikes kill isis strong holds in terms of oil weaponary training centers .etc , but most of the airstrikes hit assads chemical weapons, so either way the civilians will die bomb them civilians are bound to die, leave it and either ISIS or assad will kill them so i define it as a scum nation yes!
[video="youtube;dkamZg68jpk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkamZg68jpk[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending