The Student Room Group

Can I still get a B in english Lit?

Im doing a level english lit where the coursework is 20% of the final grade. I really stuggle with coursework however and reckon I'll probably get around 65% (A D grade) in the coursework. How well do I have to do across the 2 exam papers to get a B?
Reply 1
What exam board are you doing? :smile:
Original post by 08graya
What exam board are you doing? :smile:

AQA
Reply 3
Last year you needed 197/300 to get a B overall... I got a C at AS and then for A2 I got a B overall (C in the exam and A in the coursework) so I would assume that you need to average a B on both papers, probably fairly high, to get a B overall - but it is not impossible!

What I don't get is how on earth 65% can be a D?! Last year you needed 52% to get a C on the coursework element... are you sure that it will be a D? Because I would have thought that a mark like that would be closer to a B than anything else!
Reply 4
(I know that the specification has changed - so all the info I have is based on the A Level that I sat last year!) :smile:
I don't think last year's results count anymore.

I'm in A2 right now and we have to remember AS + A2 content for the final exams. In the March mock exam, we had to do all 3 papers to mirror the real exam. Our texts might differ but the papers are usually like this:

Paper 1 was Drama (King Lear + A Streetcar Named Desire).

Paper 2 was Prose (War of the Worlds + The Handmaid's Tale).

Paper 3 is Poetry (Poems of the Decade + Romantic Poetry).

When we got the mock results, I got 91/160 (not my best result) which was apparently right on the borderline of a B grade. This doesn't even take coursework into account so coursework might even push up your grade a bit.
Wait, do you have 2 exam papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest