Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Even though this is very late, I thought I'd make one of these threads to motivate myself to revise and give myself something to look back on.

My Subjects + Topics I study and what I want to achieve
    English - 8 in Lang, 7 in Lit
    I do AQA and for Lit, I study Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, DNA and the Power and Conflict Poetry
    Maths - 6
    Edexcel
    Biology - A (but maybe A*)
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    I'm on OCR 21st century for science, and I think it's one of the harder ones for science.
    French - A*
    German - A*
    Both on AQA
    History - A*
    I do Edexcel and I study Medicine, Surgery, and Germany
    Music - A
    I'm on AQA

Mock Results and Controlled Assessment results so far
    In my English mock I got 69/80 for Lang, and 52/60 for Lit, but I have improved a lot since then for Literature.
    In Maths, I got 144/240.
    In Biology, and Chemistry I got A*s, and an A in Physics. In my CAs, I got A*s in Chem and Physics, but I don't have my biology score back yet.
    In French, I'm on an A*, and I got A*s in all my CAs + exams.
    In German, I recently moved up to an A*, as I've only been learning it for 2 years. I got all A*s in the CAs, and As in the exam.
    In History, I got A* in the CA, and A*s in all the papers. 96% overall which I'm very happy with
    Music - A* in my free composition and solo performance. I haven't fully done the other 2 yet. A B in the listening exam, which was bad for me as I got a very high A last year.

A bit about me
    Spoiler:
    Show

I play the flute, and have recently done my grade 5 in both practical and theory. I also go to Rangers, and I'm a young leader at brownies. I've just done my DofE. I would say I'm a massive perfectionist, and I have very high expectations of myself, which can be a bad thing a lot of the time.

ReputationRep:
    9th April
    Today was a fairly productive today.
    German - I learnt around 50 of the home and local area vocab on memrise
    History - I filled in my Germany timeline, and then revised healthcare, government action, and public health in the 20th century.
    English - I made some mindmaps on the poetry
    Music - I did 2 questions of my first appraisal draft, which is taking me forever.
    Biology - I did some pages out of my workbook on B1. I'm not really going back over B1 too much as I know it so well. I also made some notes on the circulatory system from B7.
    Maths - I did the questions from some mathswatch videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
    Hello! Even though this is very late, I thought I'd make one of these threads to motivate myself to revise and give myself something to look back on.

My Subjects + Topics I study and what I want to achieve
    English - 8 in Lang, 7 in Lit
    I do AQA and for Lit, I study Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, DNA and the Power and Conflict Poetry
    Maths - 6
    Edexcel
    Biology - A (but maybe A*)
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    I'm on OCR 21st century for science, and I think it's one of the harder ones for science.
    French - A*
    German - A*
    Both on AQA
    History - A*
    I do Edexcel and I study Medicine, Surgery, and Germany
    Music - A
    I'm on AQA

Mock Results and Controlled Assessment results so far
    In my English mock I got 69/80 for Lang, and 52/60 for Lit, but I have improved a lot since then for Literature.
    In Maths, I got 144/240.
    In Biology, and Chemistry I got A*s, and an A in Physics. In my CAs, I got A*s in Chem and Physics, but I don't have my biology score back yet.
    In French, I'm on an A*, and I got A*s in all my CAs + exams.
    In German, I recently moved up to an A*, as I've only been learning it for 2 years. I got all A*s in the CAs, and As in the exam.
    In History, I got A* in the CA, and A*s in all the papers. 96% overall which I'm very happy with
    Music - A* in my free composition and solo performance. I haven't fully done the other 2 yet. A B in the listening exam, which was bad for me as I got a very high A last year.

A bit about me
    Spoiler:
    Show

I play the flute, and have recently done my grade 5 in both practical and theory. I also go to Rangers, and I'm a young leader at brownies. I've just done my DofE. I would say I'm a massive perfectionist, and I have very high expectations of myself, which can be a bad thing a lot of the time.

Good luck!

What do you plan on doing past GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Good luck!

What do you plan on doing past GCSEs?
    I'm probably going to do History, French, and Law for my A Levels, as I want to do Law at Uni. However, I might swap Law for English Lit, depending on how well I do.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to go on to do Law at uni, I'd suggest you stick with that choice and instead swap French for Lit if you really want to

Good luck otherwise! I did OCR 21st Century for my gcses in 2013 and it was one of the harder exam boards according to our teachers, but we managed somehow ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nymphielymphie)
    If you're going to go on to do Law at uni, I'd suggest you stick with that choice and instead swap French for Lit if you really want to

Good luck otherwise! I did OCR 21st Century for my gcses in 2013 and it was one of the harder exam boards according to our teachers, but we managed somehow ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to stick with French as it's one of my favourite subjects, and I'd be really sad if I didn't continue doing it. But thank you anyway

ReputationRep:
    10th April

Biology - Did practice B1 questions, and went over B2 (Heart Disease, The Kidneys, Blood Pressure)
    History - Looked at importance of the discovery of DNA, and then pain relief and infection in surgery.
    Chemistry - Looked at C2, and did C1 practice questions.
    Physics - P1 practice questions.
    French - I learnt the rest of the holidays vocab
    English - I made DNA mindmaps
    Maths - Some workbook questions on straight line graphs

I also did some baking to relax for a bit

ReputationRep:
    11th April

English - More mindmaps ( I swear it's all I'm doing this week.) I've found that keeping them quite minimal works, so I can already plan what my answers to questions will be.
    History - I did 1919-1923 and a 12 mark question on the Treaty of Versailles. I'm trying to do lots of practice essays, as I think that's the best way to improve.
    Chemistry - Finished C2 memorising, and did notes for Alkenes + Alcohols from C7. We only started learning C7 in March, as the way the course works means it's impossible to get everything done.
    Biology - I started B3 memorising, and did practice questions on B2. I also did some B7 work on the skeletal system.
    German - Home and Local Area Vocab
    French - Holidays and then Relationships vocab. Also did some listening questions.
    Physics - Finished P2 memorising.
    Maths - I did quadratic simultaneous equations, which I found quite hard. Maths is not a strong point. I did a few pages on parallel and perpendicular lines too.

ReputationRep:
    12th April
    Today was probably the most productive day of the holidays.
    German - I finished half of the home and local area vocab
    Chemistry - Went over half of C3, did some past questions on C2, and did some work on ethanol for C7.
    English - Finished all my poetry mind-maps, and then got my mum to test me on the quotes + language analysis.
    Maths - Geometry work (Sectors of a circle, 3D Pythagoras, Circle Theorems)
    Music - I wrote another question to my appraisal, so I only have one paragraph left now
    Biology - I did some more B3 work, but I didn't finish it as it's a big unit. I then finished the questions I started on B2.
    Physics - I did half of P3, as a lot of it's just equations, and then I worked on P2 questions.
    History - I covered all of Ancient medicine, and did a past paper question on Roman Public Health.
    French - I started the Relationships higher vocab

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1492068503.180949.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  164.5 KB
    Here's a picture of a mind map (I know my writing is horrendous)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    13th April
    Today wasn't as productive, as I had to do some jobs for my parents, but I did manage to get a bit done.
    Biology - Finished B3 work, and did notes on fitness for B7.
    English - I made some concept mind maps, such as Aristotle's Tragedy.
    Maths - Vectors. They are my least favourite thing in maths, I just can never do vector proof. I don't think I'll ever be able to do it.
    Music - I did another question on my appraisal - should finish it tomorrow.
    Physics - Finished P3 work, and did some past questions on P2.
    History - I went over blood loss, and then the Weimar recovery.
    French - Relationships higher vocab

ReputationRep:
    14th April
    Today was quite productive, as I'm having the weekend off, so I wanted to make sure I'd done enough work today.
    French - Finished Relationships vocab and started Free time higher vocab
    History - Medieval Medicine + Public Health and a 16 mark essay on the sources paper
    Physics - Finished P3, and did past questions from P1,P2,P3
    German - Finished home and local area vocab
    Maths - Completing the Square, Bounds, Algebraic Proof
    Chemistry - Finished C3 and did past questions from C1,C2,C3
    Biology - Past questions + B7 notes
    Music - Finished my appraisal

I won't be doing any work tomorrow most likely as we're having a family day out, and then it's Easter Sunday. However, if I have time tomorrow, I might do some English work.

ReputationRep:
    17th April
    I started revising again today after a break this weekend. Today wasn't as productive as I'd have liked, as I'm feeling quite ill today, and not looking forward to going back to school.
    German - Memrise
    History - Factors in Surgery, and rise to power in Germany
    Maths - Ratio, and compound measures
    English - DNA mindmap
    Biology - Past paper
    Chemistry - Past paper
    Physics - Past paper
    French - Listening practice

ReputationRep:
    19th April
    English - DNA Mindmaps
    I'm starting to worry about English, as the grade boundaries for Lit will be high according to my teacher. 55/62 for a 7 on paper 2 is what my school has said.
    Maths - Practice specimen paper
    German - Reading past paper
    Physics - Past paper
    Chemistry - C4, and then C7 notes.

I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked to today as I have a flute performance tomorrow and an ECDL exam to prepare for.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.