if there was a general election tomorrow, how would you vote?

Watch
Poll: If there was a general election tomorrow, how would you vote?
The Liebour Party (4)
36.36%
The Tree Huggers (Greens) (1)
9.09%
The one and only, Britain's only hope - The CONSERVATIVE PARTY (I love the tories so much!!!) (2)
18.18%
UCRAP (UKIP) (0)
0%
The Insignificant Yellow Party (I have forgotten the name) (4)
36.36%
JDi98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I will ensure a fair result by not voting on the poll myself.
Badger Face
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Conservative, I want to vote Labour but the party is a complete mess being led by Comrade Corbychov.
a.little.bird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Conservative.

I was brought up in the Blair era, and it wasn't particularly pleasant once we got into the mid-2000s. They screwed the economy and now everybody blames it on the Conservatives. I'm not saying that the Conservatives are perfect, but I have to agree with a lot of their thinking. I've been reading into the recent history of the party for Sociology the last few weeks and their stance on welfare is something I'm inclined to agree with. I'm not saying it doesn't need a rethink in certain areas, but the idea of people becoming more responsible for their finances (even if they are in receipt of benefits) is something I well and truly welcome.

I've got nothing against privatisation of certain resources (so long as we keep our NHS ticking over), but serious thought needs to go into disability benefits (PIP, ESA, etc.) because the system is failing there - but you do only tend to hear about its failings in the media, and I am certain there are many more successes going on. There does need to be some actual, medical professional conducting work capability assessments, because box-tickers are not necessarily effective, even if they are cheap.

It's not perfect, but on the other hand...it's not Labour either.

I'm gonna be paying £9,250/year for uni, but I'm going to be doing something that I enjoy, it'll be leading to a job I want to do, so I don't really mind that much. Even if I never do pay back my tuition fee loan or maintenance loan back in full. Which I probably never will. I'm still taking responsibility for myself, I'm not relying on state-handouts for the rest of my life - in fact, the benefit reforms are what led me back to education in the first place. I didn't want to spend the next few years working towards something that held little reward, so I got back to college and applied to uni.

I was basically brought up not to trust the Labour Party and it's only now that I appreciate why.

As you might understand, these views do not go down well in a room full of lefties.

And my teachers think I'm nuts.

(one of them is a Marxist).
Stoody
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Liberal Democrats, although you seen too ignorant to add the names of actual parties in your bias survey so there is no point in voting
ward47
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
labour all the way imho
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
Liberal Democratic as it's always the party that has aligned most closely with my views.

Though I'm not happy with their consistent attempt to thwart Brexit.
Beltex
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
Liberal Democratic as it's always the party that has aligned most closely with my views.

Though I'm not happy with their consistent attempt to thwart Brexit.
How else are they going to stay relevant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
JDi98
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by a.little.bird)
Conservative.

I was brought up in the Blair era, and it wasn't particularly pleasant once we got into the mid-2000s. They screwed the economy and now everybody blames it on the Conservatives. I'm not saying that the Conservatives are perfect, but I have to agree with a lot of their thinking. I've been reading into the recent history of the party for Sociology the last few weeks and their stance on welfare is something I'm inclined to agree with. I'm not saying it doesn't need a rethink in certain areas, but the idea of people becoming more responsible for their finances (even if they are in receipt of benefits) is something I well and truly welcome.

I've got nothing against privatisation of certain resources (so long as we keep our NHS ticking over), but serious thought needs to go into disability benefits (PIP, ESA, etc.) because the system is failing there - but you do only tend to hear about its failings in the media, and I am certain there are many more successes going on. There does need to be some actual, medical professional conducting work capability assessments, because box-tickers are not necessarily effective, even if they are cheap.

It's not perfect, but on the other hand...it's not Labour either.

I'm gonna be paying £9,250/year for uni, but I'm going to be doing something that I enjoy, it'll be leading to a job I want to do, so I don't really mind that much. Even if I never do pay back my tuition fee loan or maintenance loan back in full. Which I probably never will. I'm still taking responsibility for myself, I'm not relying on state-handouts for the rest of my life - in fact, the benefit reforms are what led me back to education in the first place. I didn't want to spend the next few years working towards something that held little reward, so I got back to college and applied to uni.

I was basically brought up not to trust the Labour Party and it's only now that I appreciate why.

As you might understand, these views do not go down well in a room full of lefties.

And my teachers think I'm nuts.

(one of them is a Marxist).
I agree so much with you - especially in supporting the Conservative's stance on encouraging greater personal financial responsibility.

Labour can't be trusted. At all.

Also know what it is like to be a Tory in a school full of lefties !
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cons

Posted from TSR Mobile
JamesTwain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lib Dems might play the role of the SDP of the 1980s by appearing as the reasonable moderate/centre left party and peeling off a lot of the labour vote.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.26%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.66%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.42%

Watched Threads