?? what mark do I need for an A* PE GCSE Watch

moonshadow01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
OK SO I got 46/50 for my PE GCSE practical mark

I really need to get an A* for my overall grade, so I was wondering if anyone possibly knew what Theory mark I will have to achieve?
The Theory Exam is out of 80.

ALSO- If I loose one or two marks for PE theory, will I still get full UMS? Or does it have to be 100% for full UMS.

I'm really worried that I won't do well.. pleas help if you can

Thanks x
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by moonshadow01)
OK SO I got 46/50 for my PE GCSE practical mark

I really need to get an A* for my overall grade, so I was wondering if anyone possibly knew what Theory mark I will have to achieve?
The Theory Exam is out of 80.

ALSO- If I loose one or two marks for PE theory, will I still get full UMS? Or does it have to be 100% for full UMS.

I'm really worried that I won't do well.. pleas help if you can

Thanks x
A few things to note:

1. Which exam board is this? A proper answe can be given or you can find it yourself by looking at the specification on the website.

2. No, it is not always true that you need full raw marks to get full UMS. It can be true but not always, unlikely at GCSE too.

3. Grade boundaries change each year so 70 marks out of 80 one year could give you a different UMS by each year..

4. If your coursework gets moderated your grade can change.
moonshadow01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
A few things to note:

1. Which exam board is this? A proper answe can be given or you can find it yourself by looking at the specification on the website.

2. No, it is not always true that you need full raw marks to get full UMS. It can be true but not always, unlikely at GCSE too.

3. Grade boundaries change each year so 70 marks out of 80 one year could give you a different UMS by each year..

4. If your coursework gets moderated your grade can change.
thanks for your reply, I'm doing Edexcel PE

so you mean even though I got an A for practical, I can get an A* overall- if I do well in theory?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by moonshadow01)
thanks for your reply, I'm doing Edexcel PE

so you mean even though I got an A for practical, I can get an A* overall- if I do well in theory?
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...nd-grades.html

There is the converter so maybe you can go by last year's grade boundaries.

Theory, according to the website, is 40% of your grade, and you need 90% for an A*.

Let's assume that 46/50 is 92% UMS (unlikely to be this but let's just assume - again, you can use that UMS converter to see what it is) then you would need 0.4*T + 0.6*92>90, where T is your theory % of UMS, you would need 87% in your Theory exam.

This is with the caveat hay your coursework grade could go up or down or stay the same after moderation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads