The Student Room Group

ENGINEERING advice university

I am a student studying A level Mathematics Physics and Economics and I have received an offer for Aerospace Engineering from Queen Mary and Surrey which both require me to get AAB. I am in a very difficult position as time is getting close and i cannot decide which university I should firm as my first choice as they both have the same grade requirement and Surrey is 7th for engineering and higher than Queen Mary but Queen Mary is a Russell group university unlike Surrey and it's in London meaning travelling is very convenient and save money as accommodation will not be required. So can people like give me the advantages and disadvantages and tell me whether I will still be able to get a good job at which university and which university i should firm and go to. Much appreciated. Thanks.
Yes that's a difficult choice indeed and congratulations by the way you have already won :biggrin: ! I say this as ICL CompSci person that aerospace engineering will be great at both. Now, Surrey is actually one of the best universities in the UK for things such as Electronic Engineering, QMUL has this University of London label recognised worldwide (if you ever want to work abroad or in many countries at once, as many engineers do). QMUL also has a special partnership with Goldman Sachs, exclusively for its students https://www.gov.uk/government/news/goldman-sachs-announces-launch-of-degree-apprenticeship-programme

Either choice is great

Quick Reply

Latest