LSE (PPE) vs. Sciences Po Paris Watch

wspoln
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

I got an offer in undergraduate from both institutions : at LSE to study PPE and at Sciences Po for their undergraduate programme. Eventually I would like to work on international development or in government, maybe.

I am French and I have the feeling that on the one hand, LSE is more internationally well-known than Sciences Po, but on the other hand, people in France have never heard about LSE ... What's more, is Student life: I am afraid to spend the 4 next years at LSE according to the National Student survey, whereas at Sciences Po, it looks so exciting ! However, people at Sciences Po are spending most of their time hanging out, which is not the case at LSE. That is why they're is a real network of contact, close ties between people which are built up at Sciences Po. Is it the case at LSE ?

Are the stereotypes above true? Is LSE's student life as disastrous as rumours say? Because the PPE programme at LSE is new, is it as good as other institutions in UK (Even if LSE is separately good-ranked on Philosophy, on Politics and Economics)? Is LSE teaching intellectually stimulating (especially in Philosophy, Government and Economics) ? Which is worthier in terms of cost between Sciences Po and LSE?

I am totally lost and I don't know what to choose... Please help !
Thanks in advance !
Socrates7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Choose Sciences Po if you plan to work in international development or in government. Plus, LSE is much more expensive and... think of the Brexit, it can get even worse for you.
bulbawill
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I study PPE at LSE and can't speak on behalf of Sciences Po, but I can let you know I really enjoy the course and uni. Feel free to ask me anything. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about my university experiences so this would be especially useful for you! (Will be making more too so it might be worth subbing)
https://youtu.be/DQVLJ-4WvgM
Spuyi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Socrates7)
Choose Sciences Po if you plan to work in international development or in government. Plus, LSE is much more expensive and... think of the Brexit, it can get even worse for you.
Wow. What a well-thought, articulated, profound reply.

What about some arguments in favor of your stance, please?
lovecats4ever
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bulbawill)
Hey! I study PPE at LSE and can't speak on behalf of Sciences Po, but I can let you know I really enjoy the course and uni. Feel free to ask me anything. I have a YouTube channel where I make videos about my university experiences so this would be especially useful for you! (Will be making more too so it might be worth subbing)
https://youtu.be/DQVLJ-4WvgM

Omg! I watched the first 14 seconds of your video and I already love you! Hope my colleagues will be as cool as you are!
I've been accepted to study PPE at UCL and King s and I am waiting for Sciences Po results.
Spuyi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Socrates7)
Sir? Please? Some news about THE Brexit?
Roro59
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Socrates made the very good comment that for international relations both institutions have the same kind of international recognition/!rankings.As for THE Brexit there is no question there is a very high risk for European student to have to pay twice as much in the course of their curriculum. Certainly compensated by the BP losing value against the euro.Then there is a number of questions with regards to UK degree recognition by EU countries, London job prospects for EU students past October 31st and the list goes on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (138)
13.48%
Excited (93)
9.08%
Worried (193)
18.85%
Terrified (234)
22.85%
Meh (78)
7.62%
Confused (29)
2.83%
Putting on a brave face (125)
12.21%
Impatient (134)
13.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise