Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have results watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    He's just said that he's dissapointed. Don't try and make out that he should celebrate if he feels he underachieved, just because it would suit you.

He's better than an B in Economics.
    And I dont know if you noticed or not but everyone else is saying congratulations. Am I not allowed to say it just because he said hes disappointed?

ReputationRep:
    Well done people, kick a man when he's sort of down at the moment.

"I'm dissapointed, I must have spectacularly failed Econ to drop to a B, dead cert for a."

Followed by:

"Well Done! you must be so pleased!"

Sorry to have a go, but when it's clear someone is dissapointed, don' say "well done, you must be pleased" because you would be.
    Well what you say then? ''Oh they are terrible, you must be devastated''?

ReputationRep:
    No, because he seems dissapointed, esp. talking to him on MSN. I know that if I felt I underachieved and get "well done you must be pleased" comments, it doesn't help.
    Please get your head out your arse. He has made the grades for the insurance offer, and if the STEP results are good for the firm.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldnt be dishearterned at your grades, they are very comendable

ReputationRep:
    fishpaste...what u doin at cam?

ReputationRep:
    No, because he seems dissapointed, esp. talking to him on MSN. I know that if I felt I underachieved and get "well done you must be pleased" comments, it doesn't help.
    Although he may not have done as well as he expected they're still great grades and he deserves to be congratulated. However, I'm sorry if we've upset him

ReputationRep:
    just because he may be dissapointed does not make it any less of an achievement...

AABB at A level is amazing.

once he's got over the shock and actually realised what he's got he'll be equally as happy as the rest of us are already for him.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Look please stop arguing, I am disappointed with my grades, I am angry at myself for managing to get a B in a subject in whcih I was practically guaranteed an A. But if despite all that I manage to get into Cam I'll be over the moon and won't even think about economics.

So calm down y'all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surprised, I expected people to say "cheer up, least you met the A2 part of your offer, least wait for STEP", or something along those lines.
    I seriously suggest you read peoples posts properly before attacking them If you looked properly you would have seen that most people said things along the lines of ''you are so lucky'', ''thats good'' etc. Not ''you must be pleased''

ReputationRep:
    Fishpaste, I think it is your ability that is more important rather than your grades. so there is no need to be dissapointed since you can retake them in Nov/Jan... So just wait for Step results before being too dissapointed.

#I hate it when people just change the topic of the thread. Its not a "fighting" or "****ging off " thread. So Please don't be selfish.#

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Fishpaste, I think it is your ability that is more important rather than your grades. so there is no need to be dissapointed since you can retake them in Nov/Jan... So just wait for Step results before being too dissapointed.

#I hate it when people just change the topic of the thread. Its not a "fighting" or "****ging off " thread. So Please don't be selfish.#
    Sorry, I'll take some of the responsibilty for that. But I wasnt going to let some prat insult me for telling somebody they did well. Neway, yes. Thats a good point you've made there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Look please stop arguing, I am disappointed with my grades, I am angry at myself for managing to get a B in a subject in whcih I was practically guaranteed an A. But if despite all that I manage to get into Cam I'll be over the moon and won't even think about economics.
    When do you find out about the STEP results and have you got what you need for your 2nd choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    When do you find out about the STEP results and have you got what you need for your 2nd choice?
    Tomorrow and yes.

ReputationRep:
    Little harsh there, considering I never insulted you and he seems very dissapointed with his Econ result.

But nevermind, please forget it.
    Well whatever it was you did then. Im too hungover to think of the correct terminology. But yes, I will forget it with pleasure

ReputationRep:
    if you were genuinely surprised with the B theres a good chance something went wrong somewhere along the way.

a couple of years ago someone in my year who was predicted an A* for geog got a C. she was naturally disappointed and was unable to take the subject at A-level. anyway, a couple of months into AS, she got a call from the geography teacher saying there'd been a mistake and she actually had an A*. but by then it was too late to change courses... blah blah... anyway point is mistakes are made ... often... ive heard so many stories of carelessness with results, losing papers, just using predicted grades etc.

once youve seen your module scores its probably a good idea to request a photocopy of the paper, and if you still have doubts request a remark. its great that youve got the grades for our offers, but if you feel you deserve better then youve nothing to lose by pursuing it. if its important to you then go for it

good luck with the STEP grades, really hope you get into Cam...

ReputationRep:
    But if despite all that I manage to get into Cam I'll be over the moon and won't even think about economics.

So calm down y'all.
    dude...what did you apply to do at Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    hopefully we'll still get to see you eat your hat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    dude...what did you apply to do at Cambridge?
    Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephx)
    if you were genuinely surprised with the B theres a good chance something went wrong somewhere along the way.

a couple of years ago someone in my year who was predicted an A* for geog got a C. she was naturally disappointed and was unable to take the subject at A-level. anyway, a couple of months into AS, she got a call from the geography teacher saying there'd been a mistake and she actually had an A*. but by then it was too late to change courses... blah blah... anyway point is mistakes are made ... often... ive heard so many stories of carelessness with results, losing papers, just using predicted grades etc.

once youve seen your module scores its probably a good idea to request a photocopy of the paper, and if you still have doubts request a remark. its great that youve got the grades for our offers, but if you feel you deserve better then youve nothing to lose by pursuing it. if its important to you then go for it

good luck with the STEP grades, really hope you get into Cam...
    Thanks Steph, sounds like good advice to me!

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    you dont need ecos for that...so you probs have a good chance...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.