The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ThornsnRoses
you dont need ecos for that...so you probs have a good chance... :biggrin:

I have the alevels I needed for the offer. But I'm disappointed in the fact that I must have written like 14 pages of trashworthy nonsense to warrant that grade.
AABB is still amazing play, whether you get into Cambridge or not. Well done.
I'll bet it's frustrating knowing your A2 grades but not your STEP.

Good luck for it when it comes!
Reply 43
fishpaste
Tomorrow and yes.

Well, at the risk of annoying/patronising you: atleast you've got a secure place layed down, and either way, you'll be getting in to a good Uni -new friends, societies, experiences etc
I sinceerely wish you the best and hope you'll get what you need for Cambridge though, and as someone said, if the marks seem dodgy when you get them back then you can have the paper remarked/checked.
Good Luck with STEP :wink:
I know how you feel about the AABB though.. I would feel the same too. But hey, think positive.
Reply 45
Well done! Those are brilliant results! :smile:
Reply 46
Xenon
Well done! Those are brilliant results! :smile:

How are you going to get your results since you are in canada?
Reply 47
Mr Moncal
How are you going to get your results since you are in canada?

I've already gone through the nightmare of getting results last year. I'm going into the 2nd year at uni, so I've already got my uni results.
Yeah, if you were practically guaranteed an A grade, there's a good chance something went wrong. Don't accept it immediately. If Cambridge won't accept you with AABB, then go for the emergency re-mark option and they will have to hold your place open until your final grades are known. If they will accept you with those grades, then great, but go for the re-mark anyway, just without the hurry. Seriously, it doesn't sound like the changes of your grade going down are particularly high, so what have you got to lose?
Reply 49
Airport Fairy
Yeah, if you were practically guaranteed an A grade, there's a good chance something went wrong. Don't accept it immediately. If Cambridge won't accept you with AABB, then go for the emergency re-mark option and they will have to hold your place open until your final grades are known. If they will accept you with those grades, then great, but go for the re-mark anyway, just without the hurry. Seriously, it doesn't sound like the changes of your grade going down are particularly high, so what have you got to lose?

Well thankfully it's not the economics in the way of me getting an offer but STEP grades which I find out tomorrow. The only reason I'm so gutted is because it was the one grade I was confident for, I feel robbed lol.
Yeh, weren't you the one who scored really high for AS Econs last year? What was the UMS? I remember talking to you the first time I came onto UKL and waited for my Cam interview results.

I'm taking Econs with Edexcel and it's the only subject that I am worried about!
Reply 51
lilsunflower
Yeh, weren't you the one who scored really high for AS Econs last year? What was the UMS? I remember talking to you the first time I came onto UKL and waited for my Cam interview results.

I'm taking Econs with Edexcel and it's the only subject that I am worried about!

my UMS wasnt' that high last year, 280 I think.
fishpaste
Well thankfully it's not the economics in the way of me getting an offer but STEP grades which I find out tomorrow. The only reason I'm so gutted is because it was the one grade I was confident for, I feel robbed lol.

Well then get it remarked, even if it's only for your own pride. Do you have the UMS breakdown yet?
fishpaste
my UMS wasnt' that high last year, 280 I think.

High enough :smile: I'd get a remark anyway as you've always appeared to be very smart to me. If you're not happy with it, go remark :smile:
Reply 54
Airport Fairy
Well then get it remarked, even if it's only for your own pride. Do you have the UMS breakdown yet?

Nope I don't yet. But yeah, I think I'll get my script back whatever, and if I'm either really close or ridiculously far, get a remark straight off.
Reply 55
lilsunflower
High enough :smile: I'd get a remark anyway as you've always appeared to be very smart to me. If you're not happy with it, go remark :smile:

cheers
fishpaste
Nope I don't yet. But yeah, I think I'll get my script back whatever, and if I'm either really close or ridiculously far, get a remark straight off.

When you get your breakdown, if you got an E or a U in one of the modules, it's almost certainly a marking error. You'd have to have done relatively poorly in all of them to genuinely drop to a B.
Reply 57
Airport Fairy
When you get your breakdown, if you got an E or a U in one of the modules, it's almost certainly a marking error. You'd have to have done relatively poorly in all of them to genuinely drop to a B.

yeah that's the thing, I'd already done 5 modules, just one last one to go and suddenly I drop all the way to a B, must have been catastrophic stuff.
Reply 58
Well done.
Reply 59
fishpaste
I have the alevels I needed for the offer. But I'm disappointed in the fact that I must have written like 14 pages of trashworthy nonsense to warrant that grade.

I'm confused! You've met your Cam grade offer and are awaiting the STEP results? Then all hope is not lost :biggrin:. I know how you feel about being disappointed though (because I felt the same last year), but if the econ is not actually going to hold you back you just need to put it out of your mind (which will probably take a few days). Were you worried that perhaps you might slightly miss your STEP and so thought that if you got an A in econ it might put you in a better situation if you had to be considered? If so, please don't worry because the admissions people tend not to easily write off a good candidate.

Good luck with the STEP :smile:

*trying to be bolstering and helpful, please don't shout at me anyone*

Latest

Trending

Trending