Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Look please stop arguing, I am disappointed with my grades, I am angry at myself for managing to get a B in a subject in whcih I was practically guaranteed an A. But if despite all that I manage to get into Cam I'll be over the moon and won't even think about economics.

So calm down y'all.
    AABB's still good, even if it wasnt what you were hoping for. when you get your STEP, you may be able to beg your way in

ReputationRep:
    Look please stop arguing, I am disappointed with my grades, I am angry at myself for managing to get a B in a subject in whcih I was practically guaranteed an A. But if despite all that I manage to get into Cam I'll be over the moon and won't even think about economics.

So calm down y'all.
    Firstly, am glad you've met your grades, bar the step for cam. Secondly, I can empathise with you on economics, because I'm in the same position (haven't got results yet ) as if I ended up with a B I'd have to score particularly lowly this year.

Get a remark because going on what you've said, I doubt you're a B-grade economics person. It's worth a try anyway.

Well done on the B in physics, I knew your perfect attendence in your physics classes

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's the thing, I'd already done 5 modules, just one last one to go and suddenly I drop all the way to a B, must have been catastrophic stuff.
    We got our econs just 2 minutes ago...

My friend got AAA for AS, then BBE for A2........ and that landed her with a B which is just pits for her.

I'm suggesting remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)

My friend got AAA for AS, then BBE for A2........ and that landed her with a B which is just pits for her.

I'm suggesting remark.
    What?!?! that's insane! What are they doing with economics. I'm starting to panick here...

ReputationRep:
    You are soo lucky to get your results so early! welldone anyway on the grades

ReputationRep:
    You've still done well..
    If you're so surprised about getting a B in economics then perhaps something did go wrong. Trust your intuition and request a remark?

ReputationRep:

I'm suggesting remark.
    I know quite a lot of people who asked for a remark last year and most went up barely four marks or so. Sure it's worth it for state of mind but i wouldn't get her hopes up too much as exam boards are reluctant to admit they made a mistake.

To fishpaste, unlucky with the economics but congratulations for the rest, A in further mathes is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    What?!?! that's insane! What are they doing with economics. I'm starting to panick here...
    Don't panick... I did much better than I expected... really, it's not necessary. I think most people lost marks on the Unit 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    I know quite a lot of people who asked for a remark last year and most went up barely four marks or so. Sure it's worth it for state of mind but i wouldn't get her hopes up too much as exam boards are reluctant to admit they made a mistake.

To fishpaste, unlucky with the economics but congratulations for the rest, A in further mathes is awesome.
    I got a remark in Jan - it went up by 10 UMS marks and made the difference of a whole grade

ReputationRep:
    isnt there a site where everyon can get their results from?
    im in cyprus and they usually post them on the british council website, but theres no sign of them and im worried they wont and ill have to wait another week til they get sent to my school!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    I got a remark in Jan - it went up by 10 UMS marks and made the difference of a whole grade
    Yeh... that's what I meant.. and at least you feel better about it.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you're not happy with them, your results are still great, so well done.

Sorry about the econ and good luck for the STEP!

You the man fishpaste!!! Don't be too gutted about the economics, your about 3 hours from having to eat your hat!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done, I'm off soon to get my results, but don't be too disheartened over those, I'd be proud of them! Good luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    How come STEP comes out later??

ReputationRep:
    How come STEP comes out later??
    So the mathmos get tortured more

ReputationRep:
    i know this sounds really stupid, but how the hell do i get my grades? Do i go into school or does the postman bring them?

I'm waiting for A2 physics edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    i know this sounds really stupid, but how the hell do i get my grades? Do i go into school or does the postman bring them?

You go into school..
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by iiikewldude)

It depends on your school. What happened for your GCSE/AS results?

ReputationRep:
    My sisters just got hers this morning, she got 4 A's.

I think that just abouts meets the entry requirements for Manchester.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.