Fear of clowns

Watch
queenofswords
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why is every single person afraid of clowns these days?

I know some people actually have coulrophobia but it seems to me that these days its just trendy to say you fear clowns 🙄

It pisses me off
Emz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I like clowns :P
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been afraid since I was a toddler. Always found them ever so creepy. They are criminals in disguise, no matter how much you tell me otherwise.
queenofswords
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emz99)
I like clowns :P
Same, I also like mimes
queenofswords
Rep:
?
(Original post by starfab)
I've been afraid since I was a toddler. Always found them ever so creepy. They are criminals in disguise, no matter how much you tell me otherwise.
Yeah some people genuinely find them creepy. But for some people its just a fad. :/
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by queenofswords)
Yeah some people genuinely find them creepy. But for some people its just a fad. :/
because of the whole killer clown phase, i assume.
hezzlington
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you seen IT?

a remake is coming out soon
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same, I also like mimes
When I was really young I thought all mimes were mute so I felt really sorry for them ...
username1500433
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
pretty simply, they're just creepy as :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
da **** is coulrophobia
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Clowns are fun.

I used to be severely allergic to eggs. When I was about 4, my family went to the circus- and there were clowns throwing eggs at people, and spraying egg yolk in water pistols. I ended up being rushed to hospital. Even that didn't put me off them

There's that other viral phobia, trypophobia- fear of clustered small holes- which seems to be spreading online. It makes no sense.
thedevotchka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think there's a difference between finding something creepy and having an actual phobia. Clowns, especially recently with that stupid 'killer clown' trend and horror film portrayals have been made sinister. So people find them creepy. I've always been a bit frightened of them, but I don't classify it as a phobia.

And I'll probably go see the new IT adaptation about 50 times because it's my favourite book, despite the clown!
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I want you to do one thing, go on YouTube and search for IT trailer 2017. It Dosent have clowns in it, promise
.Iqra.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not scared of clowns

I just don't like them
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why is every single person afraid of clowns these days?

I know some people actually have coulrophobia but it seems to me that these days its just trendy to say you fear clowns 🙄

It pisses me off
I've just always found the whole painted on smile and constant joking behaviour to be rather unsettling TBH. :dontknow:

Cyanide & Happiness: La Comédie
greghayes
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
First of all, as someone said before, there's a huge difference between a phobia and a fear. Everyone has fears but phobias are classified in the DSM-5 as a recognised mental illness.

I have blennophobia so anything like slime, custard pies, or even just general food hitting people is enough to make me have at minimum a panic attack and and worst, I can pass out by fainting (and btw that sentence itself was really though to type and read back). What someone said before about the eggs thing, that would make me faint. So I don't have a fear of clowns, I have a fear of anything that they might do to me (plus the whole killer clown thing really creeped me out!). Phobias are serious things that I think people tend to laugh about or ignore but they can actually be dangerous due to the high anxiety felt. So please, if anyone says they have a phobia of something, respect it because you genuinely don't know what will happen otherwise.
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i want to be a clown but im scared of WoodyMKC
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've always hated clowns, my mum said when I was younger I'd freak out if people had a clown at their birthday parties. Then there's my interest in serial killers which introduced me to John Wayne Gacy and that killer clown fad that happened last year and now the new It remake.
queenofswords
Rep:
?
(Original post by hezzlington)
Have you seen IT?

a remake is coming out soon
Remake looks dead af, how does that :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: pass for horror? Original was spectacular.

(Original post by ForestShadow)
When I was really young I thought all mimes were mute so I felt really sorry for them ...
I LOVE MIMES SO :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ING MUCH

(Original post by Cognition!)
Clowns are fun.

I used to be severely allergic to eggs. When I was about 4, my family went to the circus- and there were clowns throwing eggs at people, and spraying egg yolk in water pistols. I ended up being rushed to hospital. Even that didn't put me off them

There's that other viral phobia, trypophobia- fear of clustered small holes- which seems to be spreading online. It makes no sense.
That sounds horrific, I understand why you would genuinely fear them

(Original post by greghayes)
First of all, as someone said before, there's a huge difference between a phobia and a fear. Everyone has fears but phobias are classified in the DSM-5 as a recognised mental illness.

I have blennophobia so anything like slime, custard pies, or even just general food hitting people is enough to make me have at minimum a panic attack and and worst, I can pass out by fainting (and btw that sentence itself was really though to type and read back). What someone said before about the eggs thing, that would make me faint. So I don't have a fear of clowns, I have a fear of anything that they might do to me (plus the whole killer clown thing really creeped me out!). Phobias are serious things that I think people tend to laugh about or ignore but they can actually be dangerous due to the high anxiety felt. So please, if anyone says they have a phobia of something, respect it because you genuinely don't know what will happen otherwise.
I guess a phobia of clowns would be less of an obstacle to leading a normal life than something like blennophobia or claustrophobia- there is a stronger likelihood of you getting triggered on a daily basis. I wouldn't make a thread questioning phobias that seriously disrupt peoples lives. I personally have socially phobia and pocrescophobia (fear of gaining weight, as I'm recovering from an eating disorder) and it has seriously affected the quality of my life so I know the importance of respecting peoples anxieties towards things. It's just fearing clowns isn't likely to stop people from living normal lives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads