50% in dissertation to get a 2:1? Am I calculating correct

Watch this thread
Liyana02.
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I tried calculating what the lowest mark I'd need to get a 2:1 in my overall degree. 2nd year is 20 percent and 3rd is 80 percent weighting. I have 62% for second year.
So far I have 69 (20creds) and 71(20creds) my dissertation is 60 credits. By my calculations I will only need a 51 in my dissertation to get an overall 2:1 when all the marks are calculated together. Is this correct??
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Misssal2014)
Hey I tried calculating what the lowest mark I'd need to get a 2:1 in my overall degree. 2nd year is 20 percent and 3rd is 80 percent weighting. I have 62% for second year.
So far I have 69 (20creds) and 71(20creds) my dissertation is 60 credits. By my calculations I will only need a 51 in my dissertation to get an overall 2:1 when all the marks are calculated together. Is this correct??
If this is the same calculation that I helped you with then you were close, the answer is 52.5
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads