RandomStudent_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am studying IGCSE and my school doesn't clarify what aqa or edexcel. I'm not sure if it matters, but I've been checking websites for the comaprison between aqa and edexcel; and suprisingly, I haven't found anything.
Lucky10
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RandomStudent_)
I am studying IGCSE and my school doesn't clarify what aqa or edexcel. I'm not sure if it matters, but I've been checking websites for the comaprison between aqa and edexcel; and suprisingly, I haven't found anything.
They are two different exam boards, both exam boards have different style of questions and the way the questions are presented
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RandomStudent_)
Compare the past papers for each exam board, you will find that the specification can vary between exam boards. It won't affect how people judge your exam results though. TSR has a lot of past papers & marking guides for AQA and Edexcel - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/past-papers
Isinglass
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Presumably you are not in year 11, otherwise you would know which exam board your school uses, as you would have your exam timetable by now. You could ask a year 11 student which board's exams they are taking. I find it very odd that the school doesn't say which board is being used, though - most schools state this in their options booklet and in the KS4 curriculum information on their website.
RandomStudent_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Isinglass)
Presumably you are not in year 11, otherwise you would know which exam board your school uses, as you would have your exam timetable by now. You could ask a year 11 student which board's exams they are taking. I find it very odd that the school doesn't say which board is being used, though - most schools state this in their options booklet and in the KS4 curriculum information on their website.
I'm currently in Year 9 and I just chose my options. I checked my school website and there was nothing informing the students which exam board they were taking. Thanks for the help though! I'll try and ask a Year 11 student for more clarification after Easter.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you sure you are studying IGCSE? If so then it won't be AQA but it might be Edexcel or CIE.
Isinglass
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Are you sure you are studying IGCSE? If so then it won't be AQA but it might be Edexcel or CIE.
Looking at this
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...e/biology-8401
it may be that the school did use aqa, but as this summer will be the last sitting, it will need to move to a different qualification? I would still think it a bit strange that the school would not have decided by now which exams the current year 9, let alone the current year 10, would be taking.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Isinglass)
Looking at this
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...e/biology-8401
it may be that the school did use aqa, but as this summer will be the last sitting, it will need to move to a different qualification? I would still think it a bit strange that the school would not have decided by now which exams the current year 9, let alone the current year 10, would be taking.
Have you asked your school? They will know, If it's a state school it won't be IGCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads