Mermaidqueen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have pretty much all of the PE syllabus left to learn in 2 weeks, does anyone have an ideas on how to make what I learn about it stick? I dislike PE and maybe thats why i've put off its revision for ages but I still want to get a good grade in it, please help
Funky_Me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm doing the OCR course and there is a brilliant revision guide from the board (With a pair of sneakers on the front)! What I've done is make mind maps from every three or so pages on my iPhone, I then test myself on the bubbles and I did it over the Christmas holidays. I haven't revised since and in the past papers I've been doing I've been attaining around 91- 98%... Hope this helps! If you want me to post one or two of the mind maps so that you can see them just say!
Mermaidqueen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Funky_Me)
I'm doing the OCR course and there is a brilliant revision guide from the board (With a pair of sneakers on the front)! What I've done is make mind maps from every three or so pages on my iPhone, I then test myself on the bubbles and I did it over the Christmas holidays. I haven't revised since and in the past papers I've been doing I've been attaining around 91- 98%... Hope this helps! If you want me to post one or two of the mind maps so that you can see them just say!
That sounds really good! I have a revision guide and I've been basically taking notes and writing them down in a notebook but I don't feel like its been that helpful to be honest, okay so if it worked for you it might work for me, how should I make the mindmaps? And what do you mean you test yourself on the bubbles, I'd like to see them if thats okay
Funky_Me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 127
Size:  107.8 KBHere's an image of one I made. As you can see its not very big but the "bubbles"-as I call them-contain enough (but not huge amounts) of information about a point! There are so many apps that you can get to make mind maps (I use inspiration but others are good too if you don't want to pay) I used to make notes too, I felt this wasn't working and so I gave mind mapping a go as I kind of just blew it off saying that it wouldn't work for me, and I really liked it! Although not for any other subjects as I just don't have that sort of mind!
To make the points limit yourself to a maximum of 10 words and try learn something about that word. I think this works if you aim to learn it as a definition but sometimes "key words" are enough!
I know its a lot of learning (but thats basically PE GCSE)! And if you want me to show you any more mind maps, than just say!
Hope this helps!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University