Postgraduate Courses in journalism: which University would you recommend?

Watch
Phae44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello everyone,

I am an Italian former student (graduatedfor my BA last year) and I would like to take a one year programme in journalism in Scotland. At the moment I am applying for courses in in Caledonian and Strathclyde in Glasgow (which are my first choice at the moment) and then Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Napier University in Edinburgh and Glasgow University. I wanted to ask you which are the best universities for this kind of postgraduate studies (of course if there are other interesting options I'd be glad to hear about them), taking ointo account that I am particularly interested in a highly practical program mainly concerning Digital tools, Multimedia production and new technologies concerning journalism. Any opirnion or personal experience is fully welcomed! Many thanks in advance.
Hanako23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there! I'm also an international student (Germany/Belgium) and I've applied to Napier, Cardiff, Robert Gordon and City! I've got the exact same question, I have no idea where to go now ^^'
Did you hear anything back yet?
Phae44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Hanako23)
Hi there! I'm also an international student (Germany/Belgium) and I've applied to Napier, Cardiff, Robert Gordon and City! I've got the exact same question, I have no idea where to go now ^^'
Did you hear anything back yet?
Hi Hanako,

I have received no answers here, but I managed to contact some students that have been following the journalism course. Still had no answers concerning Napier, but as far as RGU is concerned they were not that much satisfied with the course - their replies where overall positive but the cours is not specific enough and its rather theoretical.

Hope this helps!
Hanako23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whoah, thank you so much!

Yes, I think I'll be going to Napier - I really like their practical approach and their facilities. Maybe I switch to another course too and do another postgraduate (I'll need to do some kind of trainee-ship in Germany to work as a respected journalist, so why studying it twice?)

But thank you so much for your reply, this helped me a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (67)
14.69%
I'm not sure (16)
3.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (154)
33.77%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.75%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.27%

Watched Threads