Does the weather affect how well you study???

Watch this thread
Poll: Does the weather affect how well you study???
Yes- I study better when the weather is good! (9)
36%
No- I always study well/productively, no matter the weather (1)
4%
No- I am never productive when I study (4)
16%
Yes- I study better when the weather is miserable (11)
44%
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Today the weather where I live is quite good- it's sunny with relatively few clouds ...I've noticed that I seem to study better and be more productive when the weather is like this, but I know that some people get distracted by the good weather as they want to be outside enjoying it.
Does the weather affect how well you can study?
*Discuss why you think it does/doesn't*
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
yes completely

Spoiler:
Show

sunny=procrastination
rainy=procrastination
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by ForestShadow)
yes completely

Spoiler:
Show

sunny=procrastination
rainy=procrastination

There's a poll now, with that option
Labrador99
Rep:
Rexar IKEAPanda37 sinfonietta NiamhM1801 I've seen you on the revision thread, or read your GYG blogs...What do you think?
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I love revising or playing video games when its raining.

Revising in hot weather is the worst
Rexar
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I would say yes, it does
My reasoning behind this is that if it is sunny I tend so keep the windows open and the curtains open later at night, when it is not sunny I will close the curtains earlier and use artificial light, I dont think I work as well on artificial light so im gonna say that I study better when its sunny
Also when its cold I will be constantly making cups of cha, ahem procrastionating
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by Rexar)
I would say yes, it does
My reasoning behind this is that if it is sunny I tend so keep the windows open and the curtains open later at night, when it is not sunny I will close the curtains earlier and use artificial light, I dont think I work as well on artificial light so im gonna say that I study better when its sunny
Also when its cold I will be constantly making cups of cha, ahem procrastionating
I completely agree with you about the natural vs artificial light...I think I like revising better when it's sunny because it probably puts me in a better mood for revising- I think it makes me more positive...Not that we get much sun in Scotland!
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I love revising or playing video games when its raining.

Revising in hot weather is the worst

Revising in hot weather doesn't sound like much fun...I think you would describe it as 'hot' where I live for about 4 days of the year though!
Rexar
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
I completely agree with you about the natural vs artificial light...I think I like revising better when it's sunny because it probably puts me in a better mood for revising- I think it makes me more positive...Not that we get much sun in Scotland!
Ahah no you probably don't get much, then again neither do I!
Yeah I prefer revising when its nice and warm, sunny outside
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by Rexar)
Ahah no you probably don't get much, then again neither do I!
Yeah I prefer revising when its nice and warm, sunny outside
username2982648
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It find it difficult to revise when the weather is hot because it makes me very tired.
Lychee628
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
tasha_tah Opinions?
I prefer it being in the middle , not too hot, not too cold
tasha_tah
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lychee627)
tasha_tah Opinions?
A cool breeze :love::rofl:
username3112014
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
l can not study well in rainy weather.
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by LeCroissant)
It find it difficult to revise when the weather is hot because it makes me very tired.
Agreed- I hate hot weather, although I would hardly ever call Scottish weather 'hot'!
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by Lychee627)
tasha_tah Opinions?
With some sun too?

(Original post by tasha_tah)
A cool breeze :love::rofl:
:lol: Can't forget about a cool breeze

(Original post by huvaxshatra)
l can not study well in rainy weather.
:yep: It makes everything seem so dark and miserable
Lychee628
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
With some sun too?

Yupp with some sun
Toasticide
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
i revise pretty well in sunny weather but i tend to end up realising just how easy it is to fail my A levels and mess everything up and then stress loads and get nothing done.

in rainy weather i feel a lot more calm. I revise best when it's rainy, night (dark) or both.
tasha_tah
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
With some sun too?

haha yes obvsss
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by Toasticide)
i revise pretty well in sunny weather but i tend to end up realising just how easy it is to fail my A levels and mess everything up and then stress loads and get nothing done.

in rainy weather i feel a lot more calm. I revise best when it's rainy, night (dark) or both.
That's like the complete opposite from me, but it's good to hear from someone with the opposite preference
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed