thevamps99xo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Monday 10th April 2017

Got up at 9:30am. I'd had my breakfast by 9:50. I sat and watched some TV with my mum and younger brother for a bit then I went to get dressed. Afterwards I went downstairs to get my A2 sociology book, pencil case and refill pad and to tell my mum I was planning on revising in my bedroom, to see how I'd get on. This is how it panned out in the end...

Session 1 (35 mins): Phone in drawer. Did the first part of an essay I had to do for homework. I was fully concentrated and I didn't even think about what was happening on social media.

Break 1 (10 mins): Ate a snack mum had given me prior to me coming back upstairs and chatted to my friend over twitter.

Session 2 (35 mins): Phone back in drawer. Finished the essay that was for homework, managed to finish with 25 seconds left of the session.

Break 2 (10 mins): emailed my revision timetable over to my phone so I can access it whenever I like.

Session 3 (35 mins): Phone on landing as it needed charging. Finished a sociology mind map I'd started in school called 'Class differences in achievement (External Factors)' and began a new one for the 'internal factors' side.

Break 3 (30 mins): Mum made tuna sandwiches for my lunch, for brain food!!

Session 4 (35 mins): Phone in drawer again. Finished the 'internal factors' Mindmap, with over 3 mins to spare!!

Break 4 (10 mins): Caught up on TSR and social media, especially because I had muted all my conversations.

Session 5 (35 mins): Phone back in drawer again. Used the computer (specifically Word) to plan a Media 48 marker essay that I have to do for homework.

Break 5 (5 mins): I wanted this one to be quite quick as I hadn't done much on the essay plan.

Session 6 AND final one of the day (35 mins): Phone back in drawer. Finished essay plan. Woohoo!!

Today was pretty successful. I planned to get up early anyway to start revision and homework, but I didn't plan to do it in my room/put my phone in a drawer each time I did some work. Thankfully it worked, as it enabled me to concentrate on the task I'd allocated to that session. My brain still feels quite fresh, which is a change from Christmas, where I worked for hours on end everyday and rarely gave myself breaks.

What do I have planned for tomorrow?
Task 1: Another sociology 20 marker, but this time on quantitative research methods.
Task 2: Ethnic differences in education mindmap (external factors)
Task 3: Functionalist theories of crime and deviance mindmap
Task 4: Plan another media essay.

Lets start as we mean to go on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
starlieyed
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow... How much did that equate to in terms of hours and timing throughout the day?
thevamps99xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kalikuku)
Wow... How much did that equate to in terms of hours and timing throughout the day?
Just worked it out and the amount of work I did is equivalent to 3 hours 30 minutes, which is pretty impressive considering I'd never get that done if I just did that amount of time without any breaks. For a challenge I might reduce the duration of the sessions to 30 minutes, to see how I get on. It's not that hard, it does take some willpower to not get off the bed and check your phone in the drawer, but I'm really proud that I stuck to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
thevamps99xo
Rep:
?
Tuesday 11th April
Yesterday I didn't get that much done. I got up late, then I needed a shower, then I wanted to help my mum with jobs around the house (I don't mind). I managed to get the other sociology essay done and I started revising ethnic differences in education, but apart from that that's it.

Wednesday 12th April
Today should be a better day work ethic wise. I got up quite early, earlier than yesterday, but I had to help my mum clear up a glass as it exploded!! Luckily no one is hurt... At 2pm I finished one of my Media essays. I typed up a plan on Monday evening, and I handwrote the essay just now. I also plan to finish ethnic differences in education, and maybe start revising functionalist theories of crime? I also want to plan my other media essay. will update you later!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.01%
England (109)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.36%
Germany (38)
11.76%
Spain (6)
1.86%