The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by paul514
That money goes on whatever the government wants to spend it on.

If that means chucking circa 12 billion a year off the deficit then good, we can get back to a place where things don't have to be cut or have a stagnant budget which is a real terms cut sooner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite.

Like agricultural subsidies and tax incentives for Toyota. Perhaps some money to replace the lost reseach grant funding.
Original post by Midlander
The net figure is £8.5 billion and as I keep saying, the money given back by the EU goes on things which would otherwise be absorbed by the deficit. We don't get enough in revenues to meet the shortfall so I'm sorry, they are only going to keep cutting till there's nothing left.

It's actually a bit more than that and I added a couple of billion for things we wouldn't fund but the eu does.

If the government decides to throw it on the deficit then good, like I said in the previous post it takes us closer to the point where cuts aren't needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We won't see the deficit elimated until the Conservatives really cut government spending. Cut public services and benefits until the poor bleed. It is the only way to sort out our finances and get the feckless poor to take responsibility for themselves.
Original post by Whiskey&Freedom
We won't see the deficit elimated until the Conservatives really cut government spending. Cut public services and benefits until the poor bleed. It is the only way to sort out our finances and get the feckless poor to take responsibility for themselves.

Well that's a pile of balls were inflating our way out of deficit and are projected to have done so in 4/5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Well that's a pile of balls were inflating our way out of deficit and are projected to have done so in 4/5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

It should have been elimated in 2015, as the Conservatives originally promised. Unfortunately they did not have the backbone to cut as deeply as was required. So successful people like myself will continue to pay a criminal amount of our hard earned incomes in taxes to fund the feckless lazy poor.
You know there's no point talking to them after seeing post after post from them with the same attitude.

That's you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

How?
Debt is rising more quickly than GDP.
So the debt to GDP ratio is rising.
Inflation is irrelavent. Whether if inflation is 2% or 6% has no impact on the debt to GDP.
Original post by paul514
It's actually a bit more than that and I added a couple of billion for things we wouldn't fund but the eu does.

If the government decides to throw it on the deficit then good, like I said in the previous post it takes us closer to the point where cuts aren't needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No that is the net amount of what we give them after what they give us is taken into account. Even with obscene cuts the deficit is nowhere near eliminated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have a massive national debt and even the interest on it is massive we have a defecit which grows year on year
Original post by Quady
How?
Debt is rising more quickly than GDP.
So the debt to GDP ratio is rising.
Inflation is irrelavent. Whether if inflation is 2% or 6% has no impact on the debt to GDP.

We're not talking about debt we're talking about deficit which includes shock horror debt interest.

If there was no debt we would now be in surplus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
We're not talking about debt we're talking about deficit which includes shock horror debt interest.

If there was no debt we would now be in surplus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if we scrap everything we will have a surplus of £700 billion so why don't we do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well if we scrap everything we will have a surplus of £700 billion so why don't we do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're not talking about scrapping everything though that's just a spurious argument

Posted from TSR Mobile
their back pockets
Reply 73
Original post by paul514
We're not talking about scrapping everything though that's just a spurious argument

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not? No issues.
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it isn't. Keep the taxes, lose the expenditure. Or are we now admitting that we actually need to spend money on providing services to the people who pay for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it isn't. Keep the taxes, lose the expenditure. Or are we now admitting that we actually need to spend money on providing services to the people who pay for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course we need to provide services, when have I said we haven't?

That's why your argument is spurious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Into their back pockets. Its called austerity. They cut important stuff such as NHS and Schools but still pay the queen a large amount of money to do nothing. Inequality as its finest :/
Can i Ask you all something when are people going too wake up and see the game for what it is. Money doesnt even exist its man made in the royal mint so dont tell me we have ran out just print few more notes and them in charge are just playing us for bloody fools. Money is a game
Original post by kingkongzoo
Can i Ask you all something when are people going too wake up and see the game for what it is. Money doesnt even exist its man made in the royal mint so dont tell me we have ran out just print few more notes and them in charge are just playing us for bloody fools. Money is a game

Who said it isn't?
Original post by trotskyjr
Into their back pockets. Its called austerity. They cut important stuff such as NHS and Schools but still pay the queen a large amount of money to do nothing. Inequality as its finest :/

Poor woman, unable to retire and be equal to anybody on the land. Wouldn't wish it for a leftie's daughter.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending