Which universities are next in line to join the Russel Group?

Watch this thread
Iscodisco
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In 2012 Durham, Exeter, York, and Queen Mary joined the Russel Group. So who in your opinion should be the next Universities to join, or who do you think will join next?
BrainyBengali
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Loughborough?
Iscodisco
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by BrainyBengali)
Loughborough?
Yeah Loughborough are one of the uni's that I was thinking about. My list are:
- St Andrews
- UEA
- Loughborough
- Bath
- Lancaster
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Iscodisco)
In 2012 Durham, Exeter, York, and Queen Mary joined the Russel Group. So who in your opinion should be the next Universities to join, or who do you think will join next?
In 2012 the Russell Group extracted a very high admission fee, rumoured to be £2million pounds, from new members.

In 2012 Gove, who although not responsible for universities was responsible for VIth form education was incredibly keen on the Russell Group to the exclusion of other universities.

That is no longer the case and I would be very surprised if anyone else joins, particularly if, when, Russell Group members do poorly in the Teaching Excellence Framework.
Trill.LK
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Loughborough
Bath
City, University of London

I was shocked when I heard they weren’t Russel Group
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.77%
The paper was reasonable (129)
36.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (104)
29.38%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
14.41%

Watched Threads