University students: how much are you revising a day?

Watch
Irumis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have exams in may. I study mpharm and now it's the holidays and I can only manage 4 hours of work a day. I don't really think this is enough.
How much are you doing per day?
What course do you do?
Anyone have tips to help me get more revision into my day?

carlodelmazo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello friend, well depends on your goals or what you want to achieve in your profession.

Sadly I will have to say that 4 hours is not enough if you want to be top or very successful.

My degree is way different than yours but maybe can help you somehow with my advice, im product design student, and usually do around aprox 15 to 16h daily, with some breaks for eat etc and sleep, there is days that I do around 20 hours or stay 2 days consecutive, but I do enjoy this like crazy so for me is no big deal.

Results: already got my place in masters in more than one college so im thinking where to go or not because I have enough options, also good internship with top world renowned designer and soon open my own Bussines, while at the same time doing freelancing. Because you are in the mood you just go with the flow like a snowball and things just roll easily.

The thing is, if you enjoy what you do, you will do it greatly, same happen with my girlfriend that do sociology and study like me but in her field writing research papers, tesis, etc. I think the most sexy is when she talks about her work and how expert is in that, attractive to be with someone who really love what is doing.

My advice buddy is to really think maybe if you really enjoy that, to be honest, 4 hours of work daily is really nothing, if you prefer to be somewhere while you are studying, maybe is time to rethink what are you doing. How do I know that? before design and art I tried to study a engineering degree, put just a few hours daily and was painful, I quit and starting to do what I loved all the time, and then things started to go smooth.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
around 14 hours a day
username3037548
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nothing during term time. all day, everyday during the holidays
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did no revision during the Easter holidays. Then ramped it up a couple of weeks before the exams.
JamesN88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nothing atm since first year doesn't count and we finished most of our work before the Easter break.

Next year I'll be at it 25 hours a day.
Irumis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by carlodelmazo)
Hello friend, well depends on your goals or what you want to achieve in your profession.

Sadly I will have to say that 4 hours is not enough if you want to be top or very successful.

My degree is way different than yours but maybe can help you somehow with my advice, im product design student, and usually do around aprox 15 to 16h daily, with some breaks for eat etc and sleep, there is days that I do around 20 hours or stay 2 days consecutive, but I do enjoy this like crazy so for me is no big deal.

Results: already got my place in masters in more than one college so im thinking where to go or not because I have enough options, also good internship with top world renowned designer and soon open my own Bussines, while at the same time doing freelancing. Because you are in the mood you just go with the flow like a snowball and things just roll easily.

The thing is, if you enjoy what you do, you will do it greatly, same happen with my girlfriend that do sociology and study like me but in her field writing research papers, tesis, etc. I think the most sexy is when she talks about her work and how expert is in that, attractive to be with someone who really love what is doing.

My advice buddy is to really think maybe if you really enjoy that, to be honest, 4 hours of work daily is really nothing, if you prefer to be somewhere while you are studying, maybe is time to rethink what are you doing. How do I know that? before design and art I tried to study a engineering degree, put just a few hours daily and was painful, I quit and starting to do what I loved all the time, and then things started to go smooth.
Basically I want to get a first overall in my degree and also by the end of this year. To get a first overall for this year I need 80% average in my remaining exams (apart from the ones that are marked pass/fail)
I know I can't do as much as you, have you got a more realistic target I could use?
Thanks for your reply btw
Sarah1778
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If it helps, I keep track of my daily worked hours on Excel (sad, I know)
I'm currently in second year studying Biomed undergrad, aiming for a first.
In my first year I spent 33 mins on average per day, and got just above 70% overall.
This year so far I'm averaging 29 mins per day and averaging just above 70%, but still got exams coming up that make up 60% of final grade so I don't know if I'm going to maintain that average or not.
It's crazy that some people are doing so many hours a day...
I'd say 3-6 hours a day is a good amount, as long as you revise smart (quality over quantity)
Key is repetition, make good notes with diagrams or colours or whatever suits you and re-read them until you can say them in your sleep
carlodelmazo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Irumis)
Basically I want to get a first overall in my degree and also by the end of this year. To get a first overall for this year I need 80% average in my remaining exams (apart from the ones that are marked pass/fail)
I know I can't do as much as you, have you got a more realistic target I could use?
Thanks for your reply btw
Sorry mate, sadly there is not shortcut I mean, if you want it so badly you will have to fight for it, is not rocket science, you want it, so work for it, thats all.

Passion + Work Hard, there you go + Love what you doing.

I mean, its hard work as crazy.

2 days ago I got an invitation letter from Royal College of Arts to study with them, 1st best Top World Design Post-Graduate, better than MIT, Harvard, Oxford, etc for Designers. You know what I did for celebrate?, work with my team until 4am in our company, then sleep 4 hours, wake up at 8 and go to work again.

How much you want it, is how much you will succeed, and yes I had sad times and work many times alone, I do listen to motivational videos, also to keep my motivation up, Its an lone path many times, sometimes you have to say no to many distractions and many friends, but they are friends and will understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL0HLg0aN2Y
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Irumis)
I have exams in may. I study mpharm and now it's the holidays and I can only manage 4 hours of work a day. I don't really think this is enough.
How much are you doing per day?
What course do you do?
Anyone have tips to help me get more revision into my day?
Im not a uni student but i do have a tip called the 'Rule of 8'
There's 24 hours in a day so spend 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours studying and the remaining 8 hours is your free time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (413)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.58%

Watched Threads