The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Applying student finance for uni.

A few days ago student finance wanted me to send my original birth certificate as I forgot to provide it with my confirmation form, therefore I sent my original birth certificate. However, I was told by people that I will be getting my birth certificate back and not to worry. But when will I get it back because it is very important I have my original birth certificate????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ohh sending your original is risky. as i have a passport, i didn't need to send off my birth certificate. if you are worried then call them and ask :smile:
also my mother lost my birth certificate so i got a new one sent out to me. cost about 20 pound. Don't worry.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice, I'll try to call them as soon as possible. Btw, one day ago I received an email saying "my student finance application is on hold as we want student eligibility evidence". What does this mean do u know?
Reply 3
I'm guessing that would be checking your birth certificate and/or checking other things. again give them a call, they will be able to tell you what they need. Maybe check the student finance website? it says there what they need from you :smile:
Reply 4
Do u Uni if u don't mind me asking ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by F Begum
A few days ago student finance wanted me to send my original birth certificate as I forgot to provide it with my confirmation form, therefore I sent my original birth certificate. However, I was told by people that I will be getting my birth certificate back and not to worry. But when will I get it back because it is very important I have my original birth certificate????

They should send it back within a couple of weeks. I managed to get mine back with absolutely no issues when I originally applied for student finance :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks for letting me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I am doing an access course atm. starting uni in sept. My student finance is sorted for this year now :smile:
Reply 9
Your so lucky, that's good. Do u know, if u have made a mistake on ur online application for student finance then do I have to write them a letter and say what mistake I have made and to change it becuz that's what I was told to do when I called them up. Or do I call them again and make the changes there becuz I could see in the student finance website it says if I need anything changing then I should call them up. I'm confused can u help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi, 3 or 2 days ago I sent student finance some evidence that they were asking for, but not sure if they received it or not. Also UCAS is constantly giving me reminders to apply for student finance before the deadline but I already applied and I sent them the last evidence they wanted so what do I do know! I'm confused, plus they said that after giving them the evidence they will entitle or approve my application? I'm not sure! Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F Begum
Hi, 3 or 2 days ago I sent student finance some evidence that they were asking for, but not sure if they received it or not. Also UCAS is constantly giving me reminders to apply for student finance before the deadline but I already applied and I sent them the last evidence they wanted so what do I do know! I'm confused, plus they said that after giving them the evidence they will entitle or approve my application? I'm not sure! Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent of my birth certificate at the end of last week and it's been received. If you look on your student finance account you'll know it's been received as it will no longer be on your to do list. I'm guessing once they've processed the evidence and it's fine your application will be approved. UCAS and student finance aren't linked. UCAS just send that as a reminder just in case people haven't applied yet.
Reply 12
I have sent my birth certificate and it is not on my student donate account which means they texted it, but I have also sent them some evidence that are linked with my parents finance, will it be approved after they received it or...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F Begum
I have sent my birth certificate and it is not on my student donate account which means they texted it, but I have also sent them some evidence that are linked with my parents finance, will it be approved after they received it or...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's all fine then yes it should be. It does say give it at least six weeks for them to process the evidence
Reply 14
Student finance sent me an email asking for "awaiting sponsor 1 details" what does that mean? I think I have already given what they wanted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F Begum
Student finance sent me an email asking for "awaiting sponsor 1 details" what does that mean? I think I have already given what they wanted!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best to call them up just to check. Sometimes they say if we send you something ignore it if you have sent it already.
Reply 16
Who is going Manchester Metropolitan University this year as is studying Business Management? I'm curious to know guys!😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F Begum
Who is going Manchester Metropolitan University this year as is studying Business Management? I'm curious to know guys!😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!

You might also want to post this in our Applicant Thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4651132 or the Offer Holder Thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4427874.

I have seen a couple of people in the two forums who have applied for Business courses! :biggrin:

Rebecca
Reply 18
Hi,

If my student finance application has been approved and feel as if some of the financial details I entered were wrong can i start again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Odontoceti think u should start again, but edit ur account and change those details . Btw, that's good that ur Sydney finance ha been approved as my one hasn't yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending