The Student Room Group

TSR VIP Club: getting answers to unanswered threads

:king1: Do you have what it takes to be part of the VIP team? :king1:

The VIP team is a group of the most helpful users on TSR - people who answer unanswered threads!

Every day, hundreds of threads are created all over The Student Room, creating thousands of comments in discussion. Sometimes though, a question gets missed, and a student doesn't get a reply. The VIP team is here to make sure that doesn't happen.

Sounds like something you'd like to get into? We invite new members to join every month. Simply get stuck into answering some of the threads below to get yourself noticed.

To sweeten the deal, there's also a prize draw every week, with a chance to win a £25 amazon voucher. We also do a monthly draw for the chance to win a £50 voucher.

What do I have to do?

If you'd like an invitation to join, simply comment in this thread and answer some threads! Here are some quick links to unanswered threads in different parts of the site:

Life & Style
Hobbies and Interests
Debate & Current Affairs
Study Help
University & university courses
University Life
Careers & Jobs
Community
All unanswered threads (pt1)
All unanswered threads (pt2)
All unanswered threads (pt3)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Posting tips for TSR VIP team members

The TSR VIP team exists to make The Student Room a more helpful and useful place for its members.

Any replies made to unanswered threads should leave the OP feeling better informed - the aim is quality, not quantity!

Below is some advice, provided by members of the VIP team, on how best to reply to unanswered threads:

Always quote the OP. They may not know about how to use the 'watch thread' function, so a quote can alert them to your reply.

Provide links to other useful areas of the site. For instance, when replying to posts about university, give a link to the relevant uni/course forum, along with UniMatch. Encourage them to post in stickied chat threads there if nobody responds.

Focus on sections where you can definitely help. Use the links above to focus on forums where you know your stuff, such as different subjects in the Study Help section.

Give the OP some decent detail in your reply. That doesn't have to mean an essay. A couple of lines is often enough - but a couple of words really isn't.

Reply 2
FAQ

Just look for any unanswered threads where you can add a helpful answer. The keyword here is quality, not just quantity.

At the end of every month, we'll invite people who have made lots of helpful replies to join the team.

We'll also be looking for people with a particular knowledge of specific topics. If you're great at study help questions on a certain subject, for instance, that could make you more likely to be invited.

How is the weekly winner decided?

What's expected of VIP team members?

What counts as an unanswered thread

Who's currently in the team?

Are there any forums excluded from the unanswered threads count?

Any questions? Please post them below or shoot me a PM.
Monthly winners:

2016 winners

January 2017:

1. PQ
2. Kevin De Bruyne
3. UWS
4. claireestelle
5. alleyecat393
6. Snufkin

February 2017:

1. PQ
2. Kevin De Bruyne
3. UWS
4. alleycat393
5. snufkin

March 2017:

1. Kevin De Bruyne
2. PQ
3. UWS
4. Alleycat393
5. Snufkin

April 2017

1. Kevin De Bruyne
2. UWS
3. PQ
4. claireestelle
5. Snufkin

May 2017

1. Kevin De Bruyne
2. UWS
3. PQ
4. claireestelle
5. alleycat393

June 2017

1. Kevin De Bruyne
2. UWS
3. PQ
4. brainzistheword
5. Snufkin

July 2017

1. 999tigger
2. PQ
3. UWS
4. Kevin De Bruyne

August 2017

1. 999tigger
2. alleycat393
3. UWS
4. PQ
5. Kevin De Bruyne
6. claireestelle
7. Snufkin
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Shall we do our first draw of the new thread everyone?! :flip:

From the week 3rd-9th April:

Kevin De Bruyne - 118 replies, 23 tickets (1-23)
UWS - 68 replies, 13 tickets (24-36)
PQ - 58 replies, 11 tickets (37-47)
claireestelle - 38 replies, 7 tickets (48-54)
Snufkin - 18 replies, 3 tickets (55-57)
Tiger Rag - 9 replies, 1 tickets (58)
shadowdweller - 9 replies, 1 tickets (59)
chelseadagg3r - 8 replies, 1 tickets (60)

How is everyone this week? Looking forward to Easter? :bunny:

tags

Reply 5
Reply 6
New thread! :excited:
This sounds good, I'll give it a shot :h:
Sounds interesting.
Original post by Fox Corner
:king1: Do you have what it takes to be part of the VIP team? :king1:

The VIP team is a group of the most helpful users on TSR - people who answer unanswered threads!

Every day, hundreds of threads are created all over The Student Room, creating thousands of comments in discussion. Sometimes though, a question gets missed, and a student doesn't get a reply. The VIP team is here to make sure that doesn't happen.

Sounds like something you'd like to get into? We invite new members to join every month. Simply get stuck into answering some of the threads below to get yourself noticed.

To sweeten the deal, there's also a prize draw every week, with a chance to win a £25 amazon voucher. We also do a monthly draw for the chance to win a £50 voucher.

What do I have to do?

If you'd like an invitation to join, simply comment in this thread and answer some threads! Here are some quick links to unanswered threads in different parts of the site:

Life & Style
Hobbies and Interests
Debate & Current Affairs
Study Help
University & university courses
University Life
Careers & Jobs
Community
All unanswered threads (pt1)
All unanswered threads (pt2)
All unanswered threads (pt3)

OK, im interested, sign me up!
I'm interested in this - should hopefully get me back on TSR more regularly
Just subscribing to this thread for easy access to the unanswered threads links. :h:
Yay!

First time in a while that I haven't had tickets for the draw. Will be back on TSR properly week after next. Keep up the good work everyone and have a good Easter :biggrin:
Reply 13
I am interested
Haven't had a win in so long, need to up my game again!
Reply 15
Interested
Original post by NiamhM1801
This sounds good, I'll give it a shot :h:

Original post by Chatterbot
Sounds interesting.

Original post by quasa
OK, im interested, sign me up!

Original post by brainzistheword
I'm interested in this - should hopefully get me back on TSR more regularly

Original post by myapure
I am interested

Original post by kas9
Interested

Thanks for your interest everyone! Very exciting to see some new faces around :excited:

Have a crack at answering some unanswered threads this week, and I'll check in with you all in a week or so :h:
This looks worth a try! :smile:
posting to subscribe :ninjagirl:
Interested

Quick Reply

Latest